Three indecent exposure incidents alerts TUPD to possible pattern in Uptown area

Breaking+news

Breaking news

Brandi Doyal, Senior Staff Reporter

Three indecent exposure incidents were reported on Wednesday afternoon, one of which to Tulane University Police Department and the other two to New Orleans Police Department and Loyola Police Department.

The first incident occurred at 4:30 p.m. near the intersection of S. Claiborne and S. Carrollton avenues. A woman was walking in Palmer Park when an unknown man driving a vehicle asked her a question. The female realized the man was masturbating, left the area and reported the incident to NOPD.

The second incident occurred at 5:30 p.m. near the intersection of Freret and Calhoun streets. A female Loyola student was walking when a driver pulled over and asked her a question. She reported to LPD that she realized he was masturbating and quickly left the scene.

The report that alerted TUPD to the look into the incident occurred at 8:15 p.m. near Freret and Calhoun streets. A witness who did not identify themselves reported an incident that followed a similar pattern. TUPD then became aware of the previous two incidents and sent out a crime alert to the student body at approximately 11 p.m. on Wednesday. 

TUPD suspects that the same party was involved for all three incidents. Students are advised to be aware of a silver or gray SUV vehicle with a decal sticker depicting a family on the rear window.

The man is described as a bald, white male wearing an LSU polo shirt. TUPD asks if anyone has information about these crimes, please contact TUPD at 504-865-5381 or NOPD at 504-821-2222.