Heart4Heart benefit concert raises money for those in need

Heather Andelsman, Staff Reporter

For the average student, the ability to support the fight against congenital heart disease just by attending a concert is a win-win situation. Tulane’s chapter of Heart4Heart, a student-run organization with a mission to help children with heart disease, is providing this chance.

At 8 p.m. Friday, head out to the Willow for drinks, dancing and a whole lot of red. Heart4Heart’s Paint the Town Red concert is a fun opportunity to show support for the charity by paying only $10 for tickets, which can be purchased online.

The concert will feature DJ Carneyval and an opener. DJ Carneyval, current Tulane student William Carney, is a rising DJ with music uploaded online on platforms like Soundcloud. Any fan of EDM should come out to support Carney and hear some fresh music.

The organization set up a fundraising project to support a specific child with the proper funds to fight their illness. This includes any medical procedures that the child may need. The recipients typically come from underprivileged backgrounds and require the generous donations from Heart4Heart to receive the help they need.

Tulane’s chapter of Heart4Heart is one among many others supporting the project. The Paint the Town Red concert is only one small step in raising the money they need to reach their current goal, which is $2,500.

Play a part in helping children with heart defects by putting on a red shirt and donating a small amount in exchange for a good time. Whatever the contribution, it will make a difference in a child’s life.