Jeremih and Marc E. Bassy to perform TUCP Fall Concert

Chloe Christian, Contributing Reporter

Tulane University Campus Programming’s annual Fall Concerts are about to heat up with Jeremih and Marc E. Bassy, appropriately moving the show outside to cooler climates.

Any avid listener of popular R&B is sure to enjoy the hot tracks from Jeremih. Whether it be through his single “Birthday Sex” or “Planes” featuring J. Cole, the Chicago native’s singing talent and catchy songs have awarded him prestigious titles on Billboard’s Hot 100. Not only is his celebrity growing, but so has his ability to entertain crowds of Madison Square Garden and all over the world.

This Saturday, Jeremih will take one of those planes over to New Orleans and perform at Tulane University for the 2015 Fall Concert. The concert will start at 7 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Lavin-Bernick Center Quad, with Marc. E Bassy, a rising R&B artist, who is sure to entertain the Tulane community and hype everyone up for Jeremih.

“Since Jeremih and Bassy have similar sounds and styles, any lover of Jeremih’s music will be sure to enjoy Bassy’s performance as well,” Co-Chair of Tulane Campus Programming Francisco Lopez said.

Lopez organized the event along with his partner, Eunice Lee.

“Jeremih seems like the best fit for the Tulane community due to his huge popularity right now. With his many songs on the radio and ‘Planes’ going platinum the other day, Jeremih’s energy will pump up the crowd as well as Tulane students feeding off this whole new, fun vibe” Lopez said.

With expectations of “Birthday Sex,” “Don’t Tell ‘Em” and “Planes” being performed, Tulane students can prepare for the excitement of hearing some great hits live. Tulane students will also experience a new type of Fall Concert due to it being the first one outdoors.