Roulez brings campus authentic New Orleans taste

The Rouler food truck switches up its menu throughout the week. Options vary, but are all encompassed as New Orleans-style comfort food. 

Natalie Sharp, Contributing Reporter

It’s been a month since Roulez NOLA Comfort Food rolled onto campus, bringing with it just that: a classic New Orleans-style rotating menu that serves up po’boys, jambalaya and more. While students from all over campus flock to the truck to pick up a quick bite between meals, The Arcade investigates to see if what truck offers really gives you more bang for your WaveBuck.

Roulez’s chalkboard menu typically advertises four equally mouth-watering choices. Among the truck’s most popular options are red bean sausage hoagies, shrimp po’boys and veggie noodle bowls.

Since its opening, Roulez has started including sides and a dessert with every meal, such as chips, pretzels and cookies. The addition of these sides makes the truck more appealing to those students who want a little more than just a snack when they use their Bruff swipes there, especially for those who don’t have unlimited swipes on their meal plan.

The catfish po’boy, deep-fried catfish sandwiched between French bread, is a must-try. Simple yet to the point, this fan-favorite brings students all the tastes of an off-campus lunch without ever having to leave McAlister Drive.

One of the most popular items on the menu, the red bean sausage hoagie, comes highly recommended, dripping in smokey, Creole goodness. The only way to tackle this messy yet delicious sandwich is to leave behind all notions of silverware and approach the hoagie as full on finger food. By the end of the meal, students will be left with sticky fingers but happy stomachs.

For Taco Tuesdays, skip the long lines at Bruff and head over to Roulez. Students can enjoy their choice of two fish, pork, ground beef or veggie tacos with “all the fixin’s,” which, depending on the taco, might include cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions and cilantro.

Any New Orleans resident worth their salt knows that authentic, and especially cheap, southern-style food located nearby is a priceless commodity. Roulez combines easy, between-classes meals with comfort food that satisfies every deep fried, home-cooked craving, making it the perfect addition to on-campus dining for students.

Whether students are looking for a quick meal on the way to class or have time to rest on McAlister Quad with their hoagies, Roulez brings Tulane the culinary experience of the Big Easy.