Weekend crime report: Jan. 27 – Jan. 29

These crimes were reported to Tulane University Police Department between Friday and Sunday.

Bicycle theft:

TUPD officers responded to a report of a stolen bicycle at 1:30 p.m. Friday.

The reporting student secured their bicycle to a campus bike rack on Thursday and when they returned the next day to retrieve it, it was gone.

The officers followed up with a report and submitted a bulletin to New Orleans Police Department.

On-campus theft:

A student reported to TUPD that she believed her former roommate stole property from her room sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Thursday.

Officers met with the student on Friday and recovered the stolen property from the student’s former roommate.

After the student received her stolen items back, she did not wish to press charges. The incident is now being handled by the Division of Student Affairs.

Theft:

Officers met with a student on Sunday regarding a stolen cell phone and tracked the phone to multiple locations both in and out of Orleans Parish.

TUPD officers notified NOPD of the incident.

Bicycle theft:

A student reported that she parked her white Trek bicycle, valued at $500, in front of the Tulane Medical School at 11:30 a.m on Jan. 29. When she returned at 1:30 p.m. to retrieve it, she discovered it was missing.

The student stated she secured her bicycle to a parking sign, but when she returned, both her bicycle and her lock were gone.

Officers did not observe any surveillance footage in the area.