Tulane robbery suspect charged with additional counts for two other incidents

Akash Desai, Senior Staff Reporter

20-year-old Tre Spadoni, who was arrested Thursday for the Oct. 10 armed robbery of three students in the Lavin-Bernick Center, has been charged with six additional counts for two other robberies. One of these incidents occurred near Sharp Hall. 

In the Oct. 10 incident, Spadoni came up to the students sitting in the LBC, exposed a gun at his waist and demanded they obtain cash from an ATM, according to an Oct. 15 press release from the New Orleans Police Department. Spadoni was booked on seven counts, including armed robbery and aggravated assault with a firearm, for the incident, which are listed on the Docket Master of the Orleans Parish Magistrate Court.

“During questioning at the Second District station, Spadoni confessed to robbing the students,” the press release states.  

Spadoni was booked on two more charges for a separate robbery on campus two days earlier: one count of attempted armed robbery and one count of false imprisonment with a weapon. Tulane University Police Department Superintendent Jon Barnwell confirmed that Spadoni is the suspect and that the robbery occurred by Sharp Hall. 

The Docket Master shows Spadoni has been charged with four additional counts of armed robbery with a firearm in a third incident, bringing his total number of charges to 13. 

Bond for the first nine charges is set at $555,000, while the bond for the four most recent charges is $400,000.