Tulane offers extra tickets after student section fills in two days

Yulman+Stadium

Yulman Stadium

Jonathan Harvey, Online Sports Editor

Tulane Athletics has set aside another 500 seats for students to claim Thursday morning, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Wilson Center. Students claimed their opening day tickets for the Sept. 6 game against Georgia Tech in less than two days. The entire student section of 4,354 seats is currently filled. 1,500 students claimed their tickets Monday, the first day tickets were available for student pickup. 

“We have more student tickets in this building than Duke, Tulsa, SMU and Wake Forest,” Executive Associate Athletics Director Brandon Macneill said. “Our student section is larger. We have 300 more seats than Duke. The issue is not the size. We want every single potential kid who wants to get into this game there. We are going to do anything we possibly have to get every student in there within capacity rule.”

On normal distribution days, students can take as many Splash Cards as they want with them to get tickets for multiple students. Athletics will limit that number to two per person, to include only that student and one additional Splash Card. 

The two games with the largest student attendance had 2,500 attendees against Ole Miss in 2010 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and 2,400 people against Army in 2008 in Tad Gormley Stadium. 

“It is absolutely incredible to see all of the Green Wave spirit,” Undergraduate Student Government President Morgan Wittenberg said. “I had incredibly high expectations that Tulane would sell out, but I couldn’t imagine they’d sell out in two days. I hope this excitement and student support carries on throughout the year. The environment in the stadium is going to be electric.”

Students can still get tickets 15 minutes before kickoff. If a student who has a ticket does not enter Yulman Stadium at least 15 minutes prior to kickoff, other students who are waiting can receive entry until capacity is filled. The gates to the game will open around 90 minutes before the game. 

For more information on Tulane student section tickets.