Athletic graduation rates rank No. 12 in consecutive years

Chandler Daddario, Associate Sports Editor

Tulane Athletics received noticeable recognition for having at least 90 percent of all student-athletes graduate within six years. Tulane is one of 14 schools in the Football Bowl Subdivision that achieved this milestone.

Ranked No. 12, Tulane maintains the same position as last year in the Top Graduation Rates of all FBS Schools with a 90 percent Graduation Success Rate. The Green Wave also increased its total number of sports teams with a 100 percent GSR. The total number increased from five to seven sports teams from the previous year.

The Green Wave baseball and football clubs’ GSRs decreased this year compared to last year totals. Baseball’s GSR was 85 percent this year, which decreased 4 percent from last year. This is still 8 points higher than the national average. The football program had a 1 percent decrease in its GSR, which lowered its total to 84 percent. The shift in the football programs GSR holds little significance when compared to the national average, as the program exceeds the national average by 12 percent.

The Tulane community continues to show its enthusiasm with the graduation success of Tulane Athletics.

“We have an amazing group of student-athletes at Tulane and they continue to impress me more and more every year with their commitment to succeed as much in the classroom as they do in the arena of competition,” Tulane Director of Athletics Rick Dickson said. “These results are a testament not only to our student-athletes but to the time, effort and commitment to academic success from our coaches and academic services staff, which work with our more than 300 student-athletes.”