RECAP: Ten Points on Tulane vs. Central Florida

Senior quarterback Nick Montana addresses the huddle in the 20-13 loss Oct. 18 to Central Florida. The Green Wave next play the UCF Saturday at Yulman Stadium. 

Matt Coleman, Staff Reporter

Final Score: 20-13 Central Florida

1. The Green Wave mustered 10 total yards of offense in the first quarter, but jumped out to a 3-0 lead.

2. Central Florida then scored on all three of its second quarter possessions and took a 13-3 lead at halftime. The Knights hit on two field goals, each following an interception. 

3. Meanwhile, the Wave recovered two fumbles and picked off pair of interceptions, but only scored six points off of the four turnovers.

4. Tulane senior quarterback Nick Montana completed 18 of his 42 passes, hitting 11 different receivers. Only two of the 11 players ended up with over 16 receiving yards.

5. Wave redshirt sophomore and freshman running backs Lazedrick Thompson and Sherman Badie combined for 111 rushing yards and 1 touchdown off 26 total carries.

6. Similarly, UCF sophomore backs Dontravious Wilson and William Stanback ran the ball 29 times for 96 yards and a score.

7. The Wave outperformed the Knights in first downs, third down conversion percentage, passing yards, rushing yards and time of possession, but managed to score only 13 points.

8. Of Tulane’s 14 drives, eight traveled 5 yards or less.

9. After being outscored in the second half for the first five games of the season, the Wave have now outscored opponents in the second half two consecutive weeks. Tulane put up 10 points compared to UCF’s 7.

10. With the win, UCF is now 10-0 in conference play since joining the American Athletic Conference before the 2013 season.