Pepperoni’s Pizza offers variety of affordable, convenient options

The following article was paid for by Pepperoni’s Pizza. The Hullabaloo is a student-run newspaper and relies on revenue from advertisements, sponsored content and donors to meet printing costs and other expenses. Learn more by clicking here.

When it comes to Pepperoni’s Café, the saying “don’t judge a book by its cover” has never been more fitting.

While pizza is on the menu, for 18 years the restaurant just off South Carrollton has actually specialized in all-day breakfast, despite what some might expect.

Started by a loyal Tulane family, the café has changed and adapted throughout the years, opening first in a small space in Gentilly. Rapidly outgrowing the original location, the café moved to Elysian Fields before Hurricane Katrina destroyed the restaurant in 2005.

Despite the disaster of Katrina, Pepperoni’s Café made a quick return to New Orleans, opening a small location in Uptown. The café quickly outgrew the smaller location, and in 2007 the restaurant moved to its current location at 8123 Hampson St.

At Pepperoni’s Café’s current location, they offer convenient access and affordable food to the Tulane community. Perhaps more importantly, they offer freshly-made juice to go alongside their all-day breakfast.

The breakfast menu features classics, such as eggs benedict, omelets and pancakes, but is highlighted by specialties such as bananas foster, French toast and the “Uptowner,” or three eggs, potatoes, bacon and toast.

Almost all of the Pepperoni’s Café breakfast items are between seven and 10 dollars.

If breakfast fare isn’t your style, the lunch and dinner menus include wraps, pasta and pizza, with items ranging in price from $6.95 for a turkey wrap, $9.25 for spaghetti and meatballs and $11.99 for a large cheese pizza.

Pepperoni’s is more than a pizza joint: it’s a full-fledged café, with impressive offerings no matter what time of day you stop by.

For Tulane students looking to add to their restaurant repertoire or for families hoping to find high quality and affordable food, Pepperoni’s Café on Hampson Street is sure to be a favorite choice.