Intersections’ Back 2 School Playlist

September 3, 2017

For this second installment of Intersections’ playlist series, we’re focusing on songs to get you in the back to school mindset. Here are a few of the stand out tracks from this playlist, perfect for walking to class or just unwinding after a long day.

“A Change Is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke

Sam Cooke’s smooth but passionate voice will make you forget all about your back to school blues (even if it does remind you of the plight of African-Americans).

Our Favorite Line: “And just like the river I’ve been running ever since”

“Electric Relaxation” by A Tribe Called Quest

The start of the semester can be a stressful time, so if you’re looking to relax, you can always unwind with Q-Tip and Phife Dawg (RIP).

Our Favorite Line: “Original rude boy, never am I coy/ You can be a shorty in my ill convoy”

“La Jura” by Chicano Batman

The vocals resemble crying on some parts of this track, and when the lyrics are translated, it becomes apparent why. This slow parade of a song will keep you grounded when school is driving you crazy.

Our Favorite Line: “Yo no entiendo porque/ Los que deben proteger/ Hacen lo opuesto/ Matan inocentes”

“I Want To Break Free” by Queen

The perfect jam to embody what it feels like to be a freshman in college, finally feeling independent and free from parental scrutiny.

Our Favorite Line: “I don’t want to live alone, hey/ God knows, got to make it on my own”

“Water No Get Enemy” by Fela Kuti

This upbeat Afrobeat jam is sure to put you in the right mindset to kick ass this semester.

Our Favorite Line: “If your child dey grow, a water he go use”