University offices combine to create Campus Services

campus services

The new Campus Services organization opened two new offices and changed their logo and uniforms.

campus services
Josh Axelrod | Senior Staff Designer
An update on current Tulane Capital Projects.

A multitude of campus offices have merged to form the new Campus Services organization. The union was proposed to provide a more efficient and streamlined service to students.

“We merged into the new organization because we all provide services to the university community, and it made sense to provide a one-stop-shop for those who use our services,” Randy Philipson, vice president of Facilities, Campus Development and Services, said. “We recognized that there were many areas of overlap and correlation between our units, and we have worked to … make it easier for the university community to get things done on campus.”

Campus Services incorporates many offices including Capital Projects, Facilities Services, University Services and University Planning.

The move has created two new customer engagement offices in Room 107 of the Lavin-Bernick Center for Student Life on the Uptown Campus and Room 803 in the Tidewater building on the Downtown Campus.

“These new offices offer many different services to students, faculty, and staff in one place.” Phillipson said. “By merging our front-line customer services staff into one office, students will hopefully experience more efficient, higher-quality service with quicker response times.”

Other changes to the streamlined department are extended service hours that maintain staff on campus all week, new uniforms and logos, and a new website.

No major personnel were hired or fired during the transition. Instead, the various offices have spent the past year identifying their employees’ skills and shifting them into new roles within Campus Services.

The merger became official on Jan. 8.

“Merging the university’s major service providers into one division will enhance the campus experience through consistent service delivery and result in positive experiences for our university community,” Patrick Norton, senior vice president and chief operating officer, said.