Suspect arrested for off-campus sexual batteries

After numerous reported instances of off-campus sexual battery, the New Orleans Police Department arrested a subject. According to NOPD, the arrest was made yesterday morning at 8 a.m.

TUPD sent out three crime alert emails to all students, faculty and staff, starting on Feb. 15. The incidents occurred near campus on Broadway St., S. Carrollton Ave., Fern St., Pine St. and Willow St.

sexual battery

Courtesy of NOPD
Kendrick Shorts is a 40-year-old man, who was arrested and charged with misdemeanor sexual battery.

The students reported that while walking or jogging, the suspect came out from behind them and grabbed their buttocks. He then fled on a bicycle. In one instance, he rode alongside the student, trying to talk to them.

TUPD worked in conjunction with Second District NOPD officers and a Special Victims Detective. After canvassing the perimeter of campus, they found a suspect riding a blue cruiser bicycle who matched the description and made the arrest.

NOPD identified the suspect as Kendrick Shorts, a 40-year-old man. They charged him with misdemeanor sexual battery and entered him in the Orleans Parish jail. The investigation remains open.

1 Comment

One Response to “Suspect arrested for off-campus sexual batteries”

1. Daisy Jones on February 28th, 2018 4:09 pm

The students reported that while THEY were walking or jogging, the suspect came out from behind them and grabbed their buttocks. He then fled on a bicycle. In one instance, he rode alongside the student, trying to talk to them.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.