‘Bounce Back’ with BSU at its first event of the semester

Courtesy of Tulane Black Student Union

Stop in Saturday Sept. 8 to celebrate the start of the new school year with Tulane’s Black Student Union as it hosts “Bounce Back Pt. 1.” The event begins at 7 p.m. and will be held in the Lavin-Bernick Center for Student Life in the Stibbs Conference Room.

“It’s sort of like a welcome back party for all BSU members and Tulane students,” BSU President Semhal Abbady said. “We do this at the beginning of each semester to kick off our programming for the semester. We have lots of food and lit music and just a space to get turnt with everyone.”

In addition to music and dancing, there will be a complimentary taco bar for attendees. As a fun, inclusive event, Abbady believes Bounce Back Pt. 1 will set the tone for BSU in the coming semester.

“I’m really excited to get the year started and really make BSU a well known organization on campus,” Abbady said. “… What I plan on doing with BSU is making sure we create that space for Black people on campus to feel safe and create a space they feel welcomed in.”

Students who attend Bounce Back Pt. 1 should be sure to bring their splashcards as well as friends. If you are interested in more programming from BSU, the organization will have a booth at the Activities Expo located in the Reily Student Recreation Center Sept. 15 at 11 a.m.

“What you can expect from us this year is tons of events pertaining to volunteering and community service, professional development, financial literacy, academic support and social events,” Abbady said. “We have a lot planned for this year, and I can’t wait for everyone to get involved!”