Marianne Diorio, Executive in Residence, to offer career insight in campus lectures

Marianne Diorio will offer career insight in campus lectures Oct. 8 and 9.

Courtesy of Career Wave Programs

Networking is easier now than ever before. In just a few clicks you can link up on LinkedIn, and — in case you haven’t heard — even Handshakes have gone digital. But while the rise of online platforms has evolved the way we professionally connect, many people still see the value of an in-person connection.

Tulane’s Executive in Residence program, run by Career Wave Programs and the Tulane Career Center, brings current and past executives to campus to connect with students, share career advice and foster real-life relationships.

This semester’s executive is Marianne Diorio, who served as the Senior Vice President of Global Brand Communications and Corporate Image for The Estée Lauder Companies. Backed by more than 30 years in the fashion industry, Diorio will host a lecture entitled “Confessions of a Beauty Boss — Career and Life Hacks from a Global Lipstick Maven” Oct. 8-9 at 6:30 p.m. in Stone Auditorium.

All majors and grades are welcome, but students must reserve their spot through Tulane’s Handshake network. Attending a lecture grants students eligibility to apply for one-on-one office hours with Diorio, and organizations can schedule time to meet with her, as well. These programs will occur later in the semester.