Undercurrents: 5 things TU know

Rihanna stands with Colin Kaepernick

Rihanna recently rejected an offer to perform for the Super Bowl halftime show taking place in Atlanta this February. She was soon thereafter joined by Amy Schumer in rejecting any offers from the NFL. Some are stating the two have created a wave of celebrity boycotts of the Super Bowl.

Emma Vaughters | Layout Editor

Pride month-inspired movies played at the Rat

In honor of pride month, Tulane is screening several pride-themed films at the Rat, more commonly known as City Diner. “Edge of Seventeen” was played just last week during the day. Upcoming films include “Love, Simon” and “Disobedience,” both being screened by Tulane After Dark.

Annual Take Back the Night event

Take Back the Night is an annual event across college campuses intended to support survivors of sexual violence. Tulane’s annual rendition of Take Back the Night took place Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Loyola University horseshoe.

Controversial Harvard admissions policy surfaces in court

Harvard was recently exposed for bias in their admissions policies. The university has recently been sued for discrimination against Asian-American applicants. Throughout the trial, other unethical policies came up, including a “dean’s interest list” for donors’ children. More information can be found here.

TUPals program launches for international students

In order to make the transition to American college easier for international students, Tulane’s International Student Advisory Board launched the TUPals program. This program pairs first-semester international students with returning domestic students. More information on the program and applications can be found here.