Midterm election watch parties on campus, in New Orleans

On Tuesday, Americans across the country are heading to the polls to cast their votes for the midterm elections. Those voting in person on Nov. 6 and those that voted early at the polls or by mail are shaping the next two years of American politics. Will Democrats succeed in their push to take back the House? Will Republicans hold onto control for another two years? If you are interested in finding out election results, here’s a list of election night watch parties around campus and the Greater New Orleans area.

On Campus

watch party
Courtesy of The Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life

The Department of Political Science will hold their watch party in Tilton Hall room 305 from 6-11 p.m. Free pizza and beverages will be provided to those in attendance.

Stop by City Diner in the Lavin-Bernick Center from 6:30-11 p.m. for a free mac ‘n cheese bar and election results on the big screen. Various political organizations are helping to co-sponsor this event.

Off Campus

Want to get off campus but still be around college students? The University of New Orleans is hosting an election night results party at The Sandbar sponsored by their political science department, Pi Sigma Alpha and the Political Science Graduate Student Association. Wear your “I Voted” sticker to be entered into a special raffle.

Those over 21 can join Big Easy Magazine at Second Vine Wine to engage in political conversation with locals and enjoy a glass of wine as they watch the results come in. This event will be held at 6-10 p.m.

Online

If you’d rather watch the results from the comfort of your dorm or home, you can watch and stream the following networks: ABC, CBS, C-SPAN, Telemundo, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, NBC and PBS.