Tulane Hullabaloo named finalist for Pacemaker awards

Gabi Liebeler, Managing Editor

Stories by Lily Mae Lazarus, former Managing Editor, Rohan Goswami, former News Editor, and Martha Sanchez, News Editor, will compete in the ACP’s 2022 Story of the Year Contest.

The Tulane Hullabaloo placed in the Associated College Press’ Pacemaker 100 award list for the 2021-2022 year. As part of the ACP’s centennial celebration, the Pacemaker 100 list recognizes the top 100 publications represented in the Pacemaker award’s history over the last 100 years. 

The Hullabaloo also placed as one of 34 finalists in the 2022 Pacemaker list of ACPs top student newspapers

Two stories published in the Hullabaloo during the 2021-2022 year are finalists in the 2022 Story of the Year competition. “‘Chaos’ at Campus Health: Employees cite burnout, abuse, dangerous levels of turnover” by Martha Sanchez, News Editor, and Rohan Goswami, former News Editor, will compete in the In-Depth News Story category. “‘Expel rapists:’ Survivors testify to sexual violence at Tulane” by Lily Mae Lazarus, former Managing Editor, will compete in the Feature Story category. 

The Pacemaker awards are some of the top awards in college journalism. The winners will be announced on Oct. 28 at MediaFest22, the Fall National College Media Convention, in Washington, D.C.