Business school launches real estate certificate program

Olivia Warren, Associate News Editor

A $1 million donation from the Fogelman family helped launch a new real estate certificate program for undergraduate business school students. The program requires four classes. (Martha Sanchez)

The A.B. Freeman School of Business launched a new real estate certificate program for undergraduates. The program was launched by a $1 million donation from Tulane alumnus and supporters Mark and Margo Fogelman. 

The Fogelman Real Estate Program requires undergraduate business students to take four real estate courses. The certificate program will add to several real estate programs in the School of Architecture including a bachelor of science in real estate, a real estate minor and two graduate degrees in sustainable real estate development.

Mark Fogelman is the son of Avron Fogelman, the namesake for the Avron B. Fogelman Arena and former owner of the Kansas City Royals baseball team. Both the Fogelman father and son are successful real estate developers and Tulane alumni.

The Fogelmans have two children, both of whom are Tulane attendees, making them a three-generation legacy.

“Developing new and innovative offerings in the business of real estate was a top priority of our recently completed five-year strategic plan. So, on behalf of all the students who will follow in Mark’s career path, I thank the Fogelmans for their vision and generosity,” Freeman School of Business Dean Paulo Goes said.

The program will focus on experiential learning through project partnerships as well as classes about finance, data analysis and industry knowledge.