• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

Max: Tulane’s newest paw enforcement officer

TUPD’s newest officer Max the dog offers mental support to students, but also serves as bomb detector. (Jonathan Kahn)

Tulane University Police Department has a new police officer, Max the dog. Max is a two-year-old chocolate lab who will serve students in two ways: therapy and bomb-sniffing. 

“This is our first in-house dog,” Officer Vincent Silva, Max’s handler, said. In the past, TUPD would bring in agencies’ dogs for bomb searches.

TUPD acquiring a dog like Max has been in the works for a while. Lieutenant Anthony Dominguez said that the department started thinking of adding a therapy dog after hearing that Yale University had recently gotten one. He then assigned a lieutenant to begin researching the benefits of having one, and the types of dogs that would best fit Tulane. After researching, Dominguez said it was a  “no brainer.” 

“This is something that’s going to benefit everybody in the community,” he said. 

Silva and the police department want the student body to feel comfortable approaching Max because he is here to help, they said. 

“He’s here for them,” Silva said. “You know, I tell everybody, if you are having a bad day … any kind of negativity, any kind of stress, call us. We will bring him out. Animals change the atmosphere.” 

Max has been featured at different events such as orientation and football games, for students to know who he is and learn how he can help. 

TUPD expressed excitement about Max and said that his popularity in his first year on the staff has exceeded expectations.  “We knew it was going to be popular … but he’s taken off more than we thought,” Deputy Chief Frank Young said. 

Max can be found on Instagram at @ofcmax_tupd. He has also been featured on TUPD’s Instagram page and President Mike Fitts’ instagram as well. Look for him at football games, campus events or just walking around with Silva.