• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

TUCPalooza premieres this October

Graphic by Shivani Bondada

In a city as unique and lively as New Orleans, it’s only fitting that our school has Tulane University Campus Programming. TUCP, for short, is a multicultural club that cultivates entertainment on campus. 

This month, TUCP Recreation is excited to present TUCPalooza. They will host live performances on Oct. 11 at 7 p.m. in Pocket Park outside of the Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life. Free snacks will also be provided. 

The musical lineup includes BAG, Caly Pearse, Low Hanging Fruit, Noise Ordinance, Tu Tones, Reggie Wallace and a special performance by Tulane alum Sari Jordan.

For the last two years, TUCP has put on student showcases in Pocket Park, and they continue to improve in quality. This past summer, TUCP Recreation Chair Kristin Kalmus attended Lollapalooza in Chicago, which sparked the idea to recreate such an unforgettable experience right here at Tulane. Kalmus is dedicated to incorporating different types of performances, including rock, rap and even acapella. 

“I also wanted to bring in a local artist as our headliner for TUCPalooza, and I’m super excited for us to have Sari Jordan, a Tulane alum, as our special guest for this event!” Kalmus said. 

The upcoming event provides an opportunity for student bands and musicians to play in front of their friends without having to sort out the logistics of a venue. Vice President of Marketing Sam Knee said, “With an event like TUCPalooza, we hope to give these student bands and musicians the opportunity to perform in front of a crowd.” TUCPalooza also gives these artists a place to promote their social media pages and introduce new listeners to their music. 

Join TUCP in Pocket Park outside the LBC on Oct. 11 at 7 p.m. for a free, low-pressure, student-run music festival which, per comedy Chair Alex Bianchi, is bound to “be an unforgettable evening packed with free food, live music, and amazing vibes.”