• Professor Ata Hindi spoke to students gathered in Pocket Park Wednesday evening in protest of Hillel hosting a dinner with an IDF soldier.

Student organizes rally to protest Hillel hosting IDF soldier

• Newcomb

New team-taught classes introduced to SLA, SSE 

• OPINION | Ethical frameworks are integral to STEM education

OPINION | Ethical frameworks are integral to STEM education

• Tulanes Mens Tennis team fell short in the conference semifinals after two upset victories

Sports

Tulane men’s tennis falls short in conference tournament

• OPINION | College students need sex education, too

OPINION | College students need sex education, too

• Colin Norton, a senior studying finance and accounting, rendered these images depicting the evolution of AI using Dall-E. This one portrays Alan Turing in the style of Leonardo da Vincis lab notebook.

Imitation game: Can AI rival student intellect?

• Yale University and Brown University are among the latest Ivy League institutions to reinstate standardized testing requirements for incoming classes.

Elite colleges reinstate standardized testing requirement following new research

• Normalcy is novelty to Tulane’s graduating class

Normalcy is novelty to Tulane’s graduating class

• OPINION | Workout woes: Overcrowding strains Tulanes gym facilities

OPINION | Workout woes: Overcrowding strains Tulane’s gym facilities

• Courtesy of TU Fashion

TU Fashion presents fourth annual fashion show

• Quarterback Kai Horton led the first unit on offense in the spring football game

Defense shines in front of packed Yulman at spring football game

• OPINION | To post or not to post: Commentary on publicizing romantic relationships

OPINION | To post or not to post: Commentary on publicizing romantic relationships

• Nazi camp liberator Bill Kongable spoke to Tulane students about history, trauma and the survival of democracy.

Concentration camp liberator Bill Kongable speaks to students

• In 2000, just under 30% of college students reported never having vaginal intercourse whereas two decades later, that number is above 40%.

Not getting laid? Sex recession to blame

• Taylor Swift proves she can still ‘Do It With a Broken Heart’

Taylor Swift proves she can still ‘Do It With a Broken Heart’

Love story: Taylor Swift, NFL

Despite their differences, Swifties and football fans have come together over Travis Kelce’s alleged relationship with Taylor Swift. (Taylor Fishman)

Last month, the talk of the town around the NFL was in Arrowhead Stadium, where the Kansas City Chiefs hosted the Chicago Bears. The excitement had nothing to do with the game itself, however, because while the Chiefs were blowing out the Bears in what was probably the most lopsided game played so far this season, all eyes remained on Fox Sports and the special guest in the Kelce family suite: Taylor Swift. 

Swift again made an appearance in the Kelce box the following week, this time in New Jersey for the Chiefs game against the New York Jets. For a primetime Sunday Night Football game, the nation’s attention lay again not just on the football game, but Swift’s reactions throughout it.  

Swift initially appeared at Arrowhead just 10 days after initial rumors spread of her and Chiefs’ tight end Travis Kelce “quietly hanging out.” Sparks flew in New Jersey, as Swift high-fived and screamed alongside Kelce’s mom during the blowout win, and then left alongside Kelce following the game. 

It remains unclear whether Swift is genuinely into Kelce; regardless, this is no doubt beyond the tight end’s “Wildest Dreams.” The pop superstar knows dating rumors “All Too Well.” Just the talk surrounding these two stars has led to an increase in popularity of both parties, filling the “Blank Space” that was missing in both the NFL and Taylor Swift’s fan demographics. 

From the NFL side, 24.3 million viewers tuned into Chiefs vs. Bears, making it the No. 1-watched game this past weekend despite how one-sided it was. Roku TV data revealed that, compared to the Chiefs vs. Jacksonville Jaguars game a week prior, the Chiefs-Bears matchup saw a 63% increase in female viewers ages 18 to 49. It seems the romance has attracted football fans from a new demographic. 

Swift’s appearance at the game has also led her fans, “Swifties,” to learn the rules of football in order to celebrate Kelce’s performance alongside Swift. An array of twitter, TikTok and articles surfaced to teach many of Swift’s fans the essential rules of a game they now have an incentive to watch. 

Nobody saw more of an increase in popularity than the Pro Bowl tight end himself. Kelce gained 383 thousand Instagram followers since Sunday’s game aired, saw his podcast that he hosts with his brother called “New Heights” top the Apple Podcasts charts and had his jersey sales spike 400%. 

It’s difficult to imagine Swift becoming more popular than she already is. Still, one of the last places Swift could have imagined being mentioned is on an NFL broadcast. 

NFL commentators have started to sneak Swift’s lyrics into their coverage of NFL games, with Ian Eagle notably stating, “Kelce finds a blank space for the score!” when Kelce caught a touchdown pass during the Chiefs game against the Jaguars. If this continues, the NFL can even slip in some of her songs during their transitions to timeouts or even pregame coverage. 

Who knows how long the Kelce-Swift relationship will last, or whether it will end with a fiery new single from Swift critiquing both Kelce’s off-field actions and tight end skills. For what it’s worth, the NFL is certainly “Enchanted” with the national spotlight it has received because of it.