• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

Haunting soon in theaters near you

Graphic by Shivani Bondada

As this Halloween season comes to a close, do not miss these scary movies that are hitting the big screen. From novel adaptations of small-town serial killers to a horrifying spin on a Christmas classic, these films are filled with gore and suspense until the end credits.

***

Dark Harvest

Oct. 11, 2023

Directed by David Slade

A deadly creature rises from the cornfields this fall in this adaptation of Norman Partridge’s horror novel. The annual ritual commences with teenage boys being chosen to hunt the creature, ensuring a good harvest the following year. The main character, Richie, played by Casey Likes, uncovers the truth of this sacred ritual with gore and twists until the credits roll. 

Night of the Hunted

Oct. 20, 2023

Directed by Franck Khalfoun

This thought-provoking thriller about guilt and justice takes place entirely in a gas station. The problematic protagonist, played by French fashion icon Camille Rowe, is targeted by a sniper at a secluded gas station. If she hopes to survive the night, she must dodge the sociopath’s bullets and uncover their secret vendetta against her.

Five Nights at Freddy’s

Oct. 27, 2023

Directed by Emma Tammi

Step into the past with this 2014 throwback to the hit video game “Five Nights at Freddy’s.” Josh Hutcherson of “The Hunger Games” plays a night shift security guard at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria. It only takes one night of haunted animatronics and glitching security cameras for him to realize this job will be deadlier than imagined.

Suitable Flesh

Oct. 27, 2023

Directed by Joe Lynch

In this twisted and disturbing horror, a psychiatrist confides in a doctor about her bizarre encounters with a patient suffering from multiple personalities. The psychiatrist fixates on the patient, later uncovering their connection to an ancient curse. With otherworldly forces threatening the patient’s life, the psychiatrist has limited time to save them.

It’s a Wonderful Knife

Nov. 10, 2023

Directed by Tyler MacIntyre

After the main character, Winnie Carruthers, saves her small town from a serial killer, the memories still haunt her, and she wishes never to have been born. When plunged into an alternate universe where she ceases to exist, Winnie realizes how worse things could have been if the serial killer still terrorized the town. This horror comedy puts a terrifying spin on the Christmas classic, “It’s a Wonderful Life,” complete with plot twists and multiple killer unmaskings.

Thanksgiving

Nov. 17, 2023

Directed by Eli Roth

TikTok star Addison Rae joins Grey’s Anatomy heart-throb Patrick Dempsey on the big screen for this thrilling Thanksgiving horror. Black Friday ends in tragedy in Plymouth, Massachusetts, leading to a series of mysterious killings. There will be no leftovers as the killer lays waste to the town in a series of murders that end up being part of a larger plan.