• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

Meet Greg Saphier, Tulane alum

When he began his journey at Tulane in 1987, Saphier majored in finance and accounting. In addition to his studies, he was the philanthropy chairman and vice president of Sigma Chi. (Greg Saphier)

From a family of Tulane University alumni, Greg Saphier knows the prestige of a Tulane degree. Seven of his family members attended the school, where Greg found his wife, Amy. Their three sons, Hayden, Ethan and Justin, also attended Tulane. 

When he began his journey at Tulane in 1987, Saphier majored in finance and accounting. In addition to his studies, he was the philanthropy chairman and vice president of Sigma Chi. He created a charity concert event at Tipitina’s bar called “Rock the Casa” that raised money for volunteers that helped children with any legal services they needed. This event carried past his time at Tulane, and Saphier described it as his “legacy.”

After Tulane, Saphier began working at KPMG accounting firm in Washington D.C. During his time working in Washington, he lived with friends he had met at Tulane and held crawfish boils at their house.

“We brought that whole Tulane/New Orleans vibe with us and we’ve continued to do that even to this day,” he said. “It’s a lot of fun to continue it for many years after you actually leave Tulane.”

After a few years working at KPMG, Saphier went back and got his masters of business administration in 1994 from New York University with the ultimate goal of working on Wall Street. In 1996, he graduated and got a job working at Merrill Lynch Investment Banking. Saphier worked for five years with Merrill Lynch, three of which were in New York and then two abroad in Hong Kong and London. However, after the events of 9/11 he began to consider the options of returning back to America. Eventually, he moved to Miami with his wife and newborn son. 

In Miami, Saphier began working for his family business, Melody AV — Audio and Visual Systems — where he is the vice president today. “It was a lifestyle decision,” he said. Saphier wanted to make an impact on his family’s business, one that had treated him well. 

Throughout his time after graduating, Saphier has tried to incorporate the Tulane spirit into his life. From holding crawfish boils at his house, to living with friends, to sending his children off to Tulane, the university holds a special place in his heart. 

“I feel like there’s definitely a special connection with Tulane alums,” he said, “It’s just such a unique experience. Living in New Orleans, enjoying the music, enjoying the food, there’s just so much to the offer there.”

Finally, he offered a piece of advice for the Tulane students today. Saphier said, “Don’t limit yourself. Do what you can to get a variety of experiences and follow what you know what your true passion is.”