• Professor Ata Hindi spoke to students gathered in Pocket Park Wednesday evening in protest of Hillel hosting a dinner with an IDF soldier.

Student organizes rally to protest Hillel hosting IDF soldier

• Newcomb

New team-taught classes introduced to SLA, SSE 

• OPINION | Ethical frameworks are integral to STEM education

OPINION | Ethical frameworks are integral to STEM education

• Tulanes Mens Tennis team fell short in the conference semifinals after two upset victories

Sports

Tulane men’s tennis falls short in conference tournament

• OPINION | College students need sex education, too

OPINION | College students need sex education, too

• Colin Norton, a senior studying finance and accounting, rendered these images depicting the evolution of AI using Dall-E. This one portrays Alan Turing in the style of Leonardo da Vincis lab notebook.

Imitation game: Can AI rival student intellect?

• Yale University and Brown University are among the latest Ivy League institutions to reinstate standardized testing requirements for incoming classes.

Elite colleges reinstate standardized testing requirement following new research

• Normalcy is novelty to Tulane’s graduating class

Normalcy is novelty to Tulane’s graduating class

• OPINION | Workout woes: Overcrowding strains Tulanes gym facilities

OPINION | Workout woes: Overcrowding strains Tulane’s gym facilities

• Courtesy of TU Fashion

TU Fashion presents fourth annual fashion show

• Quarterback Kai Horton led the first unit on offense in the spring football game

Defense shines in front of packed Yulman at spring football game

• OPINION | To post or not to post: Commentary on publicizing romantic relationships

OPINION | To post or not to post: Commentary on publicizing romantic relationships

• Nazi camp liberator Bill Kongable spoke to Tulane students about history, trauma and the survival of democracy.

Concentration camp liberator Bill Kongable speaks to students

• In 2000, just under 30% of college students reported never having vaginal intercourse whereas two decades later, that number is above 40%.

Not getting laid? Sex recession to blame

• Taylor Swift proves she can still ‘Do It With a Broken Heart’

Taylor Swift proves she can still ‘Do It With a Broken Heart’

Troye Sivan’s new album delivers ‘rush’ of queer exuberance

Australian singer and songwriter Troye Sivan is back and better than ever with his third studio album, “Something to Give Each Other.” In this album, Sivan plays with themes of sexuality and dominance after a period of being single. The album, officially released on Oct. 13, is a short, 10-song album, amounting to a little over 30 minutes. 

Before the long-awaited drop of his new album, Sivan released his lead single as a sneak peek. His single, “Rush,” is a fast-paced, high-tempo pop-house anthem. Inspired by Sivan’s nights spent at the gay clubs in Melbourne, “Rush” evokes pure euphoria. Sivan sings, “You’ve got my heartbeat racin’ / My body blazin’ / I feel the rush, addicted to your touch.” The song is about the literal rush of a night out on the town — sweaty, vibrant and alluring. “Rush” allows the listener to feel confident and connected to the music.  

Graphic by Shivani Bondada

The second single from Sivan’s album, “Got Me Started,” samples Bag Raider’s iconic song, “Shooting Stars,” to make a catchy beat. Changing the sample from an initially unserious sound to one with a profound connotation was a bold move, but it definitely paid off in the end. It gives the beat a fresh and playful tone behind Sivan’s sensual lyrics. 

“Got Me Started” is followed by another romantic house-inspired anthem, “One of Your Girls.” This track is easily one of the best songs on the album. Sivan sings about being with questioning men, the thrill of it and the emptiness that accompanies the interaction. Sivan’s chorus accurately portrays these conflicting feelings as he sings, “Give me a call if you ever get lonely / I’ll be like one of your girls or your homies.”

To accompany such powerful lyrics, Sivan released the “One of Your Girls” music video to the public, which is absolute perfection. The video features Sivan in full drag, accompanied by singer and model Ross Lynch. Sivan dancing around and on Lynch creates a bi-panic for every viewer, no matter their sexuality. Both the video and the song have gone viral on various social media platforms, especially TikTok — and for good reason. 

Other songs on this album, such as “Can’t Go Back, Baby,” “Silly,” “Honey” and “How To Stay With You,” are all pleasant pop-house songs that continue Sivan’s theme of love and lust. They follow the flowy vibe with emotional lyrics throughout the entire album.

What makes this album so great is that, unlike most other male pop singers, Sivan is singing about men when singing about love, sex and dating. This album puts queer life on a mainstream platform that many other artists do not discuss. Sivan wrote this album for queer people, giving their lived experience a spotlight. Although his other albums have hinted at his love life, “Something to Give Each Other” is Sivan’s most personal, diving into his queer sexual encounters after a breakup. 

“Something to Give Each Other” could be Sivan’s best album yet. It feels like an album that appreciates the highs — literally — and the lows of life. This pop album is filled with sweat, love, regret and, above all, lust. Whether you are looking for club music, breakup music or feel-good music, this album has it all.