• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

Tulane men’s basketball preview

Two games into 2023-2024 season, Tulane Men’s Basketball looks to success. (Photo courtesy of Parker Waters)

Tulane men’s basketball is rolling into the regular season after defeating Nicholls State University and Northwestern State University at the Avron B. Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse last week. Last season, Tulane finished third in the American Athletic Conference 12-6 and 20-11 overall. With veteran players, bright new additions and a Team USA bronze medal under their belt, Tulane is confident going into the 2023-2024 season.

Tulane has eight key returning players — including seniors and leading scorers Jaylen Forbes and Kevin Cross, as well as key defender and junior guard Sion James. Additionally, Tulane’s opportunity to represent Team USA to win the bronze medal at the Chengdu 2023 World University Games this past summer uniquely prepared the team in comparison to their league rivals. 

“Playing in China was perfect for us,” James said. “In years past in the first few games during the non-conference play, we looked sluggish and slow, but representing Team USA was great for us in terms of allowing us to get reps on the court together. On the softer side of things, it allowed us to bond and get to know each other as a new team. We have seven new guys and it allowed us to get them engulfed in the culture of what Tulane basketball is.” 

The coaching staff was excited to see the potential for the season after Monday’s win against Nicholls State. Although the team was without Forbes, associate head coach Ray McCallum knew the team could face tough obstacles. 

“It was the season opener and we were very excited,” he said. “We had a great balance with four guys scoring 18 or more. We still have to show who can score, regardless of who the opponent is, and we are gonna try to do that most nights. We were pleased to get the win.”

This season the team is bringing in five transfers, including sophomores Gregg Glenn from the University of Michigan and Kolby King from St. John’s University. King came out as the leading scorer with 15 points and five assists in their final exhibition match against Henderson State University 85-64 on Nov. 2.

“The dynamic between the vets and the newcomers is awesome. When recruiting all the new guys, the coaches were very particular about the way that they would fit into our culture, and our coaches did a great job of finding guys who fit us as Tulane basketball,” James said.

As far as expectations for this upcoming season, the team is in full throttle to win their division and earn their place in the NCAA tournament. According to James, their biggest goal is to make it to the NCAA tournament and to advance through it on top of winning an AAC championship. 

“We’ve been knocking on the door for the past few years,” he said. “We feel like this is the year to get it done.”

Tulane will continue regular season play to hopefully earn a 3-0 record at Devlin Fieldhouse this Friday, Nov. 17 versus California State University, Sacramento. Tulane’s team has been improving in years past, and this year they are striving for their seat in the NCAA tournament.