• A shooting at The Republic NOLA in the Warehouse district left one dead and 11 injured.

Shooting at Republic NOLA leaves one dead, 11 injured

Tulane announces new chief of police

• Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

• Head coach Lisa Stockton led the Tulane womens basketball program for 30 years.

Tulane women’s basketball ushers in new era with coach Langford

• The UConn Huskies win the 2024 National Championship after a dominant tournament run

Uconn dominates NCAA tournament, earns “blue blood” status

• Green Wave baseball looks to climb up the standings in the American Conference

Green Wave baseball hopes to build off recent victory for conference improvement

• Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

• Tulanes Middle East and North African Studies introduces students to the rich history, layered politics, diverse cultures, linguistic, and religious traditions of the Middle East and North Africa, according to the Tulane website.

Open letter from staff accuses Tulane of anti-Palestinian bias

• Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

• Tulanes Green Wave Films assists with HBOs ‘The Welcome Table’

Tulane’s Green Wave Films assists with HBO’s ‘The Welcome Table’

• spring semester

Alumni, authors on COVID-19 failures and future pandemics

• Ian Faul is the incoming editor-in-chief of the Tulane Hullabaloo.

Ian Faul elected next Hullabaloo Editor-in-Chief

• Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

• ‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

• Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane Men’s, Women’s Tennis earn historic wins over SEC

Tulane Tennis had a big weekend against strong SEC competition (Courtesy of Parker Waters- Tulane Athletics)

Tulane Men’s Tennis made history when they took down the Ole Miss Rebels for the first time in program history and secured a  2-0 day. Meanwhile, the Tulane Women’s Tennis team beat the Mississippi State Bulldogs for the first time in two decades. 

Green Wave fans showed out on a beautiful New Orleans Friday afternoon, fueling both teams with support. 

Tulane men’s tennis competed in a doubleheader against Ole Miss and Southern University and got their first two wins of the season. 

The day began with a dominant display in doubles. On court two, Benji Jacobson and Billy Suarez came out of the gates hot and won the set 6-1. Then, Luka Petrovic and Sam Scherer closed out their set 6-4 and took the crucial doubles point for Tulane.

The Green Wave maintained force entering the singles competition. Junior Petrovic quickly assessed his opponent and won in a commanding straight-set victory over the Rebels’ Isac Stromberg. At the same time, fellow Tulane junior Luc Hoeijmans stayed determined after losing the first set. He mounted a comeback against Brice Patoux in a thrilling three-set battle. 

The match’s defining moment arrived on court two, where Alex Bancila sealed the win for Tulane in a historic three-set victory. After a 6-1 first set victory, Ole Miss’ John Hallquist Lithen fought back to win the second. Nevertheless, Bancila zeroed in to seal the win for Tulane. 

As the sun set, Tulane’s Men’s Tennis laced up for the second leg of their doubleheader against the Southern University Jaguars. Southern began the match at a disadvantage with a shortage of players. They defaulted some matches, and the Green Wave took advantage.

In the match against Southern, doubles team Scherer and Alec Gaudin’s dominant performance allowed Tulane to secure the advantage swiftly. The team’s singles players closed the match out, with Hady Elkordy and Jacobson securing victories. Tulane delivered a comprehensive 7-0 win over the Jaguars.

The Tulane women’s tennis team triumphed over the Mississippi State Bulldogs and clinched a historic win. Tulane took the day by storm, and the women’s team showcased their talent as the Green Wave won with a resounding 4-0 sweep, marking a significant milestone in the program’s history.

The score came down to the wire in the doubles portion. Partners Lahari Yelamanchili and Kristen Borland quickly won 6-1. In a final tiebreaker, Mackenzie Clark and Cora Barber pulled off a hard-fought match to win the doubles point.

After the doubles’ success, the Green Wave stormed into singles play with Borland. Borland, who competed on court three, showcased a dominant performance with a score of 6-2 and 6-4. Barber did more of the same, securing her victory with a convincing two-set win.

To cap off the day, Charlotte Russell secured the victory in a thrilling three-set battle. Despite facing adversity, Russell remained composed and sealed the win for the Green Wave.