• Green Wave baseball heads to the Corvallis regional after winning back-to-back conference championships

Green Wave Baseball wins back-to-back conference championships, will play in Corvallis regional

• Available supplies include, but are not limited to, syringes, tourniquets, cookers and other paraphernalia, provided to cut down on sharing within the community.

Harm reduction in New Orleans, from pavement up

• From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

From blues to Cajun cuisine: the best of Jazz Fest 2024

• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

Tulane Men’s, Women’s Tennis earn historic wins over SEC

Tulane Tennis had a big weekend against strong SEC competition (Courtesy of Parker Waters- Tulane Athletics)

Tulane Men’s Tennis made history when they took down the Ole Miss Rebels for the first time in program history and secured a  2-0 day. Meanwhile, the Tulane Women’s Tennis team beat the Mississippi State Bulldogs for the first time in two decades. 

Green Wave fans showed out on a beautiful New Orleans Friday afternoon, fueling both teams with support. 

Tulane men’s tennis competed in a doubleheader against Ole Miss and Southern University and got their first two wins of the season. 

The day began with a dominant display in doubles. On court two, Benji Jacobson and Billy Suarez came out of the gates hot and won the set 6-1. Then, Luka Petrovic and Sam Scherer closed out their set 6-4 and took the crucial doubles point for Tulane.

The Green Wave maintained force entering the singles competition. Junior Petrovic quickly assessed his opponent and won in a commanding straight-set victory over the Rebels’ Isac Stromberg. At the same time, fellow Tulane junior Luc Hoeijmans stayed determined after losing the first set. He mounted a comeback against Brice Patoux in a thrilling three-set battle. 

The match’s defining moment arrived on court two, where Alex Bancila sealed the win for Tulane in a historic three-set victory. After a 6-1 first set victory, Ole Miss’ John Hallquist Lithen fought back to win the second. Nevertheless, Bancila zeroed in to seal the win for Tulane. 

As the sun set, Tulane’s Men’s Tennis laced up for the second leg of their doubleheader against the Southern University Jaguars. Southern began the match at a disadvantage with a shortage of players. They defaulted some matches, and the Green Wave took advantage.

In the match against Southern, doubles team Scherer and Alec Gaudin’s dominant performance allowed Tulane to secure the advantage swiftly. The team’s singles players closed the match out, with Hady Elkordy and Jacobson securing victories. Tulane delivered a comprehensive 7-0 win over the Jaguars.

The Tulane women’s tennis team triumphed over the Mississippi State Bulldogs and clinched a historic win. Tulane took the day by storm, and the women’s team showcased their talent as the Green Wave won with a resounding 4-0 sweep, marking a significant milestone in the program’s history.

The score came down to the wire in the doubles portion. Partners Lahari Yelamanchili and Kristen Borland quickly won 6-1. In a final tiebreaker, Mackenzie Clark and Cora Barber pulled off a hard-fought match to win the doubles point.

After the doubles’ success, the Green Wave stormed into singles play with Borland. Borland, who competed on court three, showcased a dominant performance with a score of 6-2 and 6-4. Barber did more of the same, securing her victory with a convincing two-set win.

To cap off the day, Charlotte Russell secured the victory in a thrilling three-set battle. Despite facing adversity, Russell remained composed and sealed the win for the Green Wave.