• A shooting at The Republic NOLA in the Warehouse district left one dead and 11 injured.

Shooting at Republic NOLA leaves one dead, 11 injured

Tulane announces new chief of police

• Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

• Head coach Lisa Stockton led the Tulane womens basketball program for 30 years.

Tulane women’s basketball ushers in new era with coach Langford

• The UConn Huskies win the 2024 National Championship after a dominant tournament run

Uconn dominates NCAA tournament, earns “blue blood” status

• Green Wave baseball looks to climb up the standings in the American Conference

Green Wave baseball hopes to build off recent victory for conference improvement

• Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

• Tulanes Middle East and North African Studies introduces students to the rich history, layered politics, diverse cultures, linguistic, and religious traditions of the Middle East and North Africa, according to the Tulane website.

Open letter from staff accuses Tulane of anti-Palestinian bias

• Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

• Tulanes Green Wave Films assists with HBOs ‘The Welcome Table’

Tulane’s Green Wave Films assists with HBO’s ‘The Welcome Table’

• spring semester

Alumni, authors on COVID-19 failures and future pandemics

• Ian Faul is the incoming editor-in-chief of the Tulane Hullabaloo.

Ian Faul elected next Hullabaloo Editor-in-Chief

• Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

• ‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

• Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane Baseball back on track, winning fifth consecutive game

Green Wave baseball has been rolling, winning five straight. (Courtesy of Parker Waters- Tulane Athletics)

Tulane University baseball came out of the gates fast to win three of their first four games against Northwestern University and another over Nicholls State University. 

The wins are feeding into fans’ enthusiasm for what this team can be. However, the Green Wave did not build off that early success: The University of California, Irvine swept them away in a three-game series, dampening those hopes. 

With such an uneven start to the season, many looked to their past five games for some clarity. 

Tulane responded. The Wave won each of their past five games, including a three-game sweep over Yale University. Star center fielder Teo Banks had a frustrating start to the season, with just a .143 batting average and seven hits so far. But the rest of the crew has stepped up. 

Jackson Linn is behind much of the Wave’s success this season. Linn, a junior out of Boston, has been on a tear to start the season with an outstanding .481 batting average, 13 hits and 3 home runs already. Linn has been “Mr. Reliable” for the Wave thus far and is making an early statement for an All-Conference award.

Graduate student and Bowling Green State transfer Nathan Rose had a solid start to the season as well. Rose is also coming off his best game of the season, with three hits, 3 runs, two RBIs and 1 home run. On the season, Rose is sporting a respectable .333 batting average as well as 13 hits. Rose has been a welcome sight to the Green Wave lineup this year and his spectacular performance in the win over Nicholls is a great sign for things to come.

Another breakout performer this season is sophomore second baseman Connor Rasmussen, who has broken onto the scene in New Orleans. A transfer from East Carolina University, Rasmussen has made a huge jump already, leading the team with 12 runs scored and 14 RBIs, to go along with 11 hits and 2 homers. He has brought a spark to the team early, and it’ll be interesting to see if he can keep it up.

While superstar Banks conjured most of the excitement around the Green Wave entering this season, surprisingly, the supporting cast has led the team to a strong start.  However, for the Wave to reach its potential this season and make another run at the NCAA Baseball Championship, it needs Banks to return to form. The Wave still has over two weeks until conference play starts, and all eyes will be on Banks to find his footing.

Tulane baseball keeps the season rolling against Grambling State University at home on Wednesday, March 6, before hitting the road for a three-game series against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on March 8