• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

• A protester wearing a keffiyeh stands before police.

Tulane arrests 14 protesters, clears pro-Palestinian encampment

• Encampment in front of Gibson

Protest passes 24-hour mark as Tulane seeks to contain encampment

• Letter to the Editor | Open letter to Tulane administration in support of Palestine

Letter to the Editor | Open letter to Tulane administration in support of Palestine

FULLABALOO | Tulane needs to invest in supernatural research

Taylor Fishman

This article is entirely satire. All information and interviews below are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. 

At Tulane University, we have a wide range of departments dedicated to researching an assortment of academic topics, from anthropology and linguistics to biology and physics — and now, we have a unique opportunity to research a new aspect of student life.

Over the past several months, our Uptown campus has been host to a motley of strange paranormal events, each of which has been weirder than the last. From the unexpected reanimation of bodies in the cadaver lab to the discovery of pyrokinetic magic in an organic chemistry lab, we are no longer strangers to the peculiar truth: Tulane is a hotbed of supernatural phenomena.

Numerous universities across the country have already begun to fund research into similar events — for instance, the Ghostbusting Research Program at Yale University, which has been plagued by phantom-like creatures for over two years.

There is also the ever-present threat of Methysius, a god-like being formed from the psionic energies of Tulane Greek life, who feeds on the psychic energy of partygoers and can only be appeased through darties and mixers.

Alongside Methysius is the mysterious entity known as the Fallen King, a dendriform creature located deep beneath Percival Stern Hall. Composed of an intricate network of bloody tendrils connected to an ever-beating crimson heart, the Fallen King is perhaps the most dangerous supernatural entity on campus, capable of influencing the minds of human beings through their dreams in order to lure them underground for nefarious purposes.

His influence is steadily rising, with more and more students being drawn to his resting place and being disintegrated and assimilated into his body, increasing his biomass and subsequently boosting his psychic abilities. It is advised that any and all students avoid Percival Stern Hall, lest the ancient voice of the Fallen King take hold.

As more and more people report sightings of hostile nine-legged organisms known as “enneapods” roaming campus in the early hours of the night and stealing the memories of students, leaving them unable to remember anything other than basic reflexes, the urgency of supernatural research is much more apparent than it has ever been.

In order to figure out how to coexist with our newly changed campus, we need to learn how it works and where these anomalies come from. I suggest we look into collaborating with research institutions that primarily deal with the kinds of phenomena that Tulane students have been experiencing — for instance, the Order of Hauron, a mysterious non-governmental organization dedicated to fighting supernatural entities and keeping beings like the Fallen King at bay since at least the 13th century CE.

Hopefully, we can work together to figure out how to move forward as a community, and to find ways to coexist with a campus overrun with strange and eldritch beasts.