• Police have found two video cameras in campus bathrooms in recent months and arrested one former employee but said the cases do not appear to be connected.

Faculty, students deliver letters condemning Tulane’s response to pro-Palestinian encampment

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Tulane faculty letter concerning campus protest

• Jack Zinsser shows face.

Helluva Hubbalagoo

• Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

Winners announced: Arcade A+ Awards

• Michael Pratt was selected by the Green Bay Packers with the 245th overall pick in the seventh round of the 2024 NFL draft.

Pratt, Jackson, others find landing spots in NFL

• Letter from the Editor | In good hands

Letter from the Editor | In good hands

• Zion Williamsons injury in the NBA play-in was the final nail in the coffin for the New Orleans Pelicans season.

Remembering New Orleans Pelicans: October 2023 – April 2024

• Participants of the 2024 Tulane Student Film Festival. Courtesy of the Film Festival.

Tulane hosts third annual student film festival

• OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

OPINION | Final exams: Are we finally done with them?

• OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

OPINION | Science or not: Rethinking core curriculum

• Screenshot

Letter to the Editor | Silent killer: Why World Malaria Day matters

• Police stand in front of protesters early Wednesday morning.

Pro-Palestinian protesters demand charges be dropped after police sweep at Tulane

• A protester wearing a keffiyeh stands before police.

Tulane arrests 14 protesters, clears pro-Palestinian encampment

• Encampment in front of Gibson

Protest passes 24-hour mark as Tulane seeks to contain encampment

• Letter to the Editor | Open letter to Tulane administration in support of Palestine

Letter to the Editor | Open letter to Tulane administration in support of Palestine

Courtesy of TU Fashion

Tulane Fashion Club, a student fashion organization, has become a truly special part of the Tulane community. Snapshots of stylish student-worn looks flood the TU Fashion Instagram, and the annual fashion show makes campus a little more colorful. 

This year’s show took place on Sunday, April 21, in the Kendall Cram Lecture Hall. The show took over a year to plan, and the club is already brainstorming for next year’s show.

Barbara Malamut, executive director, has been a driving force in Tulane Fashion. From a young age, she sketched ideas and reworked her mom’s old clothes. As a junior in high school, she attended fashion school. She joined the Tulane Fashion club as a sophomore and started the shows that year. 

“I think the shows are a really great way to get students involved, and one of my favorite aspects is seeing the growth of everyone in the club,” she said. “When I was a sophomore, I trained students who were younger than me, and it’s really rewarding to see many of them now as officers in the club. I love working with my team — they make all the hard work worthwhile. They refer to me as ‘mom’ and come to me with questions and for advice, which I deeply cherish. Having that position of trust and seeing what we’ve grown together is truly my favorite part.”

The theme of this year’s show was “4 Seasons.” The parade down the runway started with spring, symbolizing budding beginnings, life and prosperity and ended with winter, mirroring endings and death. 

Courtesy of TU Fashion

The designers beautifully mimicked natural life through the seasons. With outfits including “butterfly” in the spring, “Amalfi Coast” in the summer, “cozy crochet” in the fall and “blizzard” in the winter, each look is crafted carefully to emulate these fleeting moments in time. 

What makes this show different from a traditional fashion show is the seasonal culture portrayed in it, along with a theatrical component to bring the looks to life. For example, the “apple orchard” look featured a model holding an apple and pretending to eat it.

“Is the end goal to make a pretty outfit or to send a message?” Malamut said. “The message is a lot more important to us than the wearability of the clothes … The looks are just fun and I like that — it’s very Met Gala-esque in that way.”

The music and magical stylistic touches made the “4 Seasons” show a whimsical, colorful experience. Every detail of the looks was intentional. Face gemstones and glitter bedazzled the models’ makeup, and statement jewelry matched outfits. Notably, a bright pink flower choker in the “May flowers” look complemented the pink heels and pops of color throughout the dress. 

There were many dazzling accessories across the different looks. The “April showers” look featured an umbrella. The “phoenix fire” look included gold flake face-detailing and orange feathers, and the “hot cocoa” look showcased a fluffy white top hat, along with a matching coat and heels adorned with a feathered plume to mimic marshmallows.

Since the first show in 2021, to the fourth — this year’s show — the Tulane Fashion community has worked hard and continues to bring its A-game. Tulane fashion has continued to grow excitement around their presence, and their fashion show has become an annual tradition that many students look forward to. 

“I care about the show, I feel like it’s my baby that we all brought to life,” Malamut said, “and I know my team is already thinking about what they’re doing next year when I graduate and what the theme is going to be … I see all of our hard work in these shows as part of a larger purpose. I want this community to continue growing at Tulane.”