UPDATE: NOPD arrests Euric Cain on charges of shooting Tulane medical student Peter Gold

Emma Discher, Senior Staff Reporter

UPDATE, 3:15 p.m. Monday:

NOPD and U.S. Marshals Service arrested Euric Cain on the charges of armed robbery with a firearm, attempted second-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping around 11:30 a.m. Monday in the 2200 block of Delachaise St.

NOPD Chief Michael Harrison announced in a press conference that Cain made a full confession to the crimes. Cain’s 17-year-old girlfriend Nictoria Washington was also arrested on charges of harboring Cain.

Original story:

New Orleans Police Department announced the identification of a suspect in the Friday shooting of Tulane University medical student Peter Gold during a press conference Sunday afternoon. Euric Cain is wanted for attempted first-degree murder, second-degree kidnapping and armed robbery for the incident.

Officers found Cain’s SUV Sunday morning in the 2200 block of John Raphael Place. 21-year-old Cain has previous charges of illegal carrying of a weapon and illegal possession of stolen firearms from August 2011 and theft of a motor vehicle from March 2014.

Gold saw the man now believed to be Cain dragging a woman into his car around 4 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Saint Mary Street. When he tried to intervene, the man shot him in the stomach before attempting to shoot him again in the head. The gun jammed and the man left. Gold remains in the hospital.

Crimestoppers is offering up to a $2,500 reward and Tulane is offering up to a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Cain.