Weekend crime report: Feb. 10 – 12

boot

The following crimes were reported to Tulane University Police Department between Feb. 10 and Feb. 12.

Simple battery:

A TUPD officer was requested to investigate a possible simple battery that occurred at Newcomb Childcare. The officer responded at noon on Feb. 10.

The TUPD Criminal Investigative Unit is currently investigating the incident.

Vehicle burglary:

A non-Tulane affiliate flagged down a TUPD officer to report that his car had been broken into. The incident was reported at 8:46 p.m. on Feb. 10 on the 1600 block of Pine Street.

The reporting person said he parked his unlocked vehicle on Feb. 6 at the aforementioned location. When he returned to his vehicle on Feb. 10, he saw that his vehicle had been ransacked. After conducting an inventory check with the officer, the reporting person said that nothing appeared to be missing at the time.

The officer advised him to call New Orleans Police Department to make an official police report.

Elevator entrapment:

Four occupants reported being trapped in an elevator on campus. Officers responded to the incident at 5:10 p.m. on Feb. 11 at Barbara Greenbaum House at Newcomb Lawn.

The elevator was stuck between the second and third floors. Facilities Services was notified, but the occupants were able to free themselves before facilities members arrived.

The responding officer placed an “out of service” sign on the elevator door. Facilities said it would complete a work order to repair the elevator.

On-campus burglary:

A student reported to TUPD officers that his residence hall room had been burglarized.

Officers responded and arrived to the student’s room at 6:08 p.m. on Feb. 11 in Butler Hall. The student said that money was taken from his wallet and his desk.

The student left his room unlocked around 5:10 p.m. When he returned around 5:30 p.m., he discovered that the cards in his wallet were rearranged. $32 was missing from his wallet, and another $3 was missing from his desk.

A report was filed and the CIU and student affairs professional on call were notified.

Off-campus burglary:

Students reported to TUPD officers that their off-campus home had been burglarized at 10:24 p.m. on Feb. 11 on the 7400 block of Zimple Street.

The students said that when they returned to their home at 10 p.m., they discovered that several items were missing from their home.

NOPD and TUPD detectives arrived on scene and processed it accordingly.  The SAPOC was also notified of the incident.

Theft:

A student reported to TUPD that three bottles of prescription medication were missing from his dorm room.

He said that he last saw the medication at about 4 p.m. on Feb. 11. At about 2:30 p.m. on Feb. 12, the student realized his medication was missing.

The student said he and his roommate were both in and out of their room during that time, with his roommate having at least one other person in the room.

Officers completed a report regarding the incident.