Tulane Athletics looks to improve Yulman Stadium fan experience

Yulman+Stadium

Yulman Stadium

Mackenna Barker, Online Sports Editor

The inaugural season of Yulman Stadium was met with overwhelmingly positive reception. After 40 years of off-campus play, the opening of Yulman Stadium was highly anticipated by Green Wave fans. With the days of the vast, dark Superdome games in the past, the charm of having football back on campus was undeniable.

In a Tulane Athletics survey of season ticket holders, over 70 percent of respondents said they were satisfied or greatly satisfied with their Yulman experience in its 2015 inaugural season, citing the tailgating, student support and open-air style of the stadium as high points.

Tulane Athletics states that its mission is to raise that number to a 90 percent approval rating.

In order to move towards that goal, Athletics has initiated several improvements and upgrades on Yulman Stadium for the 2015-16 season.

Upgrades will include improvements to the stadium’s sound systems, as well as the cell phone service quality through the installation of a Distributed Antenna System. TV camera angles are being improved to make them more ideal for viewers at home and two ribbon boards will be installed in the west side of the stadium to provide updates on other games happening around the nation.

Usage of social media will also be increased, notably with the creation of a Tulane Athletics app that will provide fans with updates of Tulane sporting events.

To increase school spirit at events, Athletics is working with Green Wave cheerleaders to incorporate their routines to amplify student participation and promote traditional cheers in the hopes of creating a more unified and energetic atmosphere.

Season ticket holders will have an improved Yulman experience with the addition of personal ticket representatives for each season ticket holder for the year.

Among other improvements, parking, food selection, stadium flow, family zone and the Jill H. and Avram A. Glazer Family Club will be expanded or improved upon for the upcoming season.

In the approaching season, Yulman stadium will continue to strive towards bringing Tulane school spirit to the next level, creating an innovative and enjoyable viewer experience.