Ten Points on Tulane vs. Connecticut

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ten Points on Tulane vs. Connecticut

Freshman Leondre James catches a pass in the 31-6 loss to Rutgers in Piscataway, New Jersey. 

Matt Coleman, Staff Reporter

1. The Green Wave allow almost 100 more yards per game than Connecticut, giving up 424 yards per game compared to the Huskies’ 330 yards per game.

2. The Wave have scored on 10 of 17 opportunities zone offense, which ranks No. 10 out of 11 teams in the American Athletic Conference .

3. UConn is last in the conference in both red zone offense and defense. The Huskies’ have converted on 7 of 13 tries on offense and have allowed opponents to score on 11 of 12 tries on defense.

4. UConn has been outscored 52-6 in the first quarter this season.

5. Tulane averages 4.6 yards per carry as a team. UConn ball carriers average less than half of that number, rushing for 2.2 yards per carry.

6. Tulane running back Sherman Badie has rushed for 457 yards so far this season, averaging 91.4 yards per game. Both numbers are second best in the AAC.

7. UConn has not scored more than 21 points in a game this season.

8. Tulane has given up at least 20 points in each game this season.

9. The Wave have scored a combined 19 points and allowed 78 over the two-game losing skid. 

10. Both UConn and Tulane have a record of 1-4 and have faced formidable opponents thus far. UConn’s four losses have come to teams with a combined 13-7 record, while the four teams to beat Tulane have a record of 15-6.