Preview: Ten Points: Tulane vs. Cincinnati

Matt Coleman, Staff Reporter

1. Cincinnati wins have come against teams with a combined record of 10-22. The Bearcats only victory against a team with a winning record was in the season opener against Toledo.

2. Cincinnati has played one game this season that was decided by less than 17 points. The Bearcats lose by an average of over 23 points per game but beats opponents by over 21.5 points per win.

3. Cincinnati, led by sophomore quarterback Gunner Kiel, pass for 322 yards per game and have thrown 20 touchdowns on the season compared to the Wave’s 189 passing yards per contest and 9 scores through the air. Kiel ranks No. 12 nationally in passing yards per game.

4. Green Wave receiver Justyn Shackleford has a team-high 342 receiving yards. Three Cincinnati players have more receiving yards on the season.

5. Cincinnati freshman running back Mike Boone exploded for 212 rushing yards and a score last week against South Florida. Coming into the game, Boone had only eight career carries. He is now the leading rusher on the team with 244 yards and one of six Bearcats with over 100 rushing yards this season.

6. Tulane freshman running back Sherman Badie has more rushing yards than Cincinnati’s top three rushers combined.

7. The Wave is No. 12 in the country in turnovers gained, forcing 18 thus far. Seven of the 18 came in the last two games. Cincinnati has committed 10 turnovers through its seven games.

8. Tulane gave up a season-high 462 yards in the loss to Rutgers on Sept. 27. Since then, the defense has allowed 450 total yards over the last two games.

9. Cincinnati converts almost 90 percent of its red zone opportunities on offense, which is No. 2 in the American Athletic Conference.

10. The Wave, meanwhile, is No. 2 in the conference in red zone defense and No. 5 in the country.

Prediction: Cincinnati wins 30-20