Yulman concesssions to include local and traditional stadium fare

David Gourley, Contributing Reporter

A variety of dining options, ranging from stadium favorites to classic New Orleans cuisine, will be sold at Yulman Stadium on game day.  

Sodexo Area Marketing Manager Angela Randall said that the food will reflect the local culture of the city. 

“As Yulman Stadium opens this Saturday, food and beverage options will illustrate what we mean by ‘Only at Tulane, Only in New Orleans,’” Randall said.  

Six permanent concession stands in addition to nearly three dozen food carts in the stadium will feed hungry fans. 

“Our strategy in developing our concession program put an extra emphasis on value pricing, flexibility, variety and local options,” Randall said.   

In addition to traditional game fare like hot dogs, burgers, pretzels and popcorn, local and regional food specialties from local restaurants will be available.   

“Sodexo has partnered with several local businesses that will assist in bringing a South Louisiana culinary experience to every fan in attendance,” Randall said.   

Some of these regional specialties include two items from Superior Grill: chile con queso nachos and shredded brisket nachos. Superior Seafood and Oyster Bar will serve red beans and rice and its BBQ shrimp po’boys. Cafe Spice will prepare its chicken tikka masala and channa masala rice bowls. WOW Cafe chicken tenders and Byblos gyros will be served.

Randall said that guests will have the ability to give feedback directly to Sodexo on game day.  

“We have set up a special text code for guests to address food quality, cost and value, service and the overall experience,” Randall said. “We will review feedback each week and make adjustments to maximize fan satisfaction.”

As for beverages being sold, all non-alcoholic drinks will be Coca-Cola products. Alcoholic beverages include daiquiris, domestic and specialty beers, including Blue Moon, Abita Amber, Coors Light and Miller Lite. Fountain drinks and draft beer will be served in regular and commemorative Green Wave cups.   

Randall said that her team at Sodexo has worked to keep concession prices down for students.  

“We conducted comparative research for every offering throughout the stadium to meet our goal of being priced at or below market value,” Randall said.   

A tailgating area on the edge of the Lavin-Bernick Center Quad will include a grill, the Ironsides Waffles food truck, beer and soda, and New Orleans favorites from Mandeville Seafood.