What’s in our fanny pack? A guide to Mardi Gras must-haves

Mardi+Gras+is+a+marathon%2C+not+a+sprint+%E2%80%93+as+such%2C+it%27s+important+to+properly+prepare.+Stocking+up+on+essentials+like+easy-to-prepare+frozen+snacks%2C+accessories+and+ample+amounts+of+glitter+is+a+smart+way+to+prepare+for+festival+season.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Mardi Gras is a marathon, not a sprint – as such, it's important to properly prepare. Stocking up on essentials like easy-to-prepare frozen snacks, accessories and ample amounts of glitter is a smart way to prepare for festival season.

Colin Yaccarino and Josh Jessiman | Photography Editors

If you’re reading this, it’s too late. No, seriously. You should’ve done your Mardi Gras shopping on Sunday like every other (relatively) sane New Orleans resident, aggressively hounding the poor, sweet Costco salespeople for samples, playing an unwieldy game of Tetris with the enormous carts of your fellow shoppers as you navigate through the frenzied crowd to fight for the last box of Pizza Bagels.

It is now Thursday and there’s not a single chance that any grocery store in the area has orange juice, champagne or chicken nuggets in fun shapes left. Is it possible for the Amazon warehouse to completely sell out of sequin tube-tops? Too late, it did before the words “I still have time to Amazon Prime!” could even defensively escape your lips. But while we admonish your poor planning skills, we here at The Hullabaloo are still rooting for you to properly prepare for the “pardi,” so check out our Mardi Gras must-haves list and get to shopping.