Tulane Studios opens first big show

Cori Shalit, Arcade Editor

This Saturday, Tulane Studios, “a music performance and collaboration space” for Tulane students, will be presenting its biggest show yet. Performing live at The Willow, six acts have been preparing for an exciting performance.

Poster designed by Libby Tisler.

Libby Tisler, one of the solo acts, was in charge of booking the gig and has been working hard to promote the event among her peers. As a songwriter and music major, Tisler quickly gained interest in Tulane Studios freshman year, striving to be more involved in the club. Now she is a sophomore and current co-president of Tulane Studios. Other Tulane Studios board members, including fellow co-president, junior Daniel Goldstein, and vice president, sophomore Ethan Rosenstein, have also been working alongside Tisler to promote the show.

Members of the club are thrilled about this upcoming event.  

“This is our first big concert,” Tisler said. “We did a show in City Diner last year. And this year we had a show at the Neutral Ground and have another on April 10. But this is our biggest concert yet, and we are so excited!”

Due to an excess of competition among club members for the six performance slots that The Willow could accommodate, the executive board ran auditions for performance slots.

In addition to Tisler, Dar MaCar, carpet, Lindsey Candler, Tom Lynch and duo Sari and Peyton will also be performing. Supporting the talent of your peers by witnessing their band and solo act performances has never been so easy.

“I think that this is a great opportunity for people to see all the musical talent that we have at Tulane and support that local talent!” Tisler said.

Tulane Studios has been sharing posters, using social media to publicize the event and selling pre-sale wristbands to advertise. The wristbands are $5, and the club will be tabling on McAlister Dr. on Friday to sell them.

“It should be a dynamic night of great talent,” Tisler said.

The show is set to start at 8 p.m. and doors will open at 7 p.m. Tickets will also be available at the door.