Arcade’s sounds of autumn

Haley Soares, Arcade Editor

Autumn looms over us, with midterms coming to a close and sweater weather rapidly approaching. Arcade has prepared a playlist to accompany you in the changing of the seasons, perfect for chilly walks in Audubon or cozying up indoors with your pals. 

“Going To Georgia” by The Mountain Goats

The Mountain Goats serve as the perfect angsty Southern fall soundtrack, offering a plethora of rough, soulful, folk-inspired tunes. Their songs tend to give brief vignettes into life, such as in “Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton” or “Fall of the Star High School Running Back”, balanced out with more whimsical songs such as “The Monkey Song”. 

“Quite Like You” by Andy Shauf

A soft, lyrical song perfect for the shifting of seasons. Andy Shauf is a multi-faceted musician, whose discography has been described as “dark, rustic tales of the Canadian prairie [which] blend folk with sophisticated pop.” His ability to tap into such a niche sound makes his music incredibly unique, and nearly perfect for autumn.

“This is Sally Hatchet” by Father John Misty

This song off of FJM’s first album has the ideal balance of spooky and folky, which is a match made in heaven for mid-October. Allow Joshua Tillman to guide you into the Halloween season this fall. 

“I Eat Salads Now” by Sidney Gish

A more upbeat indie pick on the playlist, by young singer-songwriter Sidney Gish. This gentle bop is perfect for waking you up from a post-midterm slumber. The artist got her start in her college years, and has since cultivated a following and opened for such stars as Mitski.

“Season of the Witch” by Donovan 

Finally, this classic spooky season anthem, which has truly stood the test of time. Donovan is known for his folk rock and psychedelic rock blend, producing many a haunting tune- such as “Season of the Witch” and “Hurdy Gurdy Man”. 

Check out the full playlist here:

https://open.spotify.com/user/hsoares26/playlist/1Ii2tLpDj75kmLlFNFuIYh?si=YCEz-YnVSJOobagLi0_T8A

Czars Trinidad | Layout Editor