Second Saturdays: Showcasing arts and culture

Avery Anderson, Arcade Editor

Searching for a fun and free way to nourish your artistic impulses? Look no further than Second Saturdays on St. Claude Avenue! Every second Saturday of the month at 6 p.m., the St. Claude Arts District opens the doors of its galleries to the public, showcasing the work of local craftspeople and artisans.

St. Claude Avenue is home to more than just art galleries. Hip concert venues, consignment stores and hole-in-the-wall bars populate the thoroughfare, making for a truly unique retail experience. Whether you’re searching for that special piece to hang above your mantel or simply window shopping, St. Claude is sure to satisfy all of your retail needs.

Second Saturdays
Naomi Smith | Staff Artist

Before going gallery hopping, you can stop by Sneaky Pickle for fresh and local vegan eats made in-house. Afterwards, swing by LA46 for the vintage marketplace of your dreams! Peruse their general store style layout for specialty items and hand-selected pieces that you can’t find anywhere else. Pop into the UNO Gallery to view the inspired works of University of New Orleans graduate students and faculty. The galleries and storefronts showcased during Second Saturdays are situated alongside St. Claude’s trendy bars and clubs, seamlessly combining art and nightlife.

Second Saturdays perfectly showcase the vibrant culture of New Orleans, giving local artists and entrepreneurs a chance to show off their creativity and gain support from the community at large. St. Claude Avenue is the ultimate destination for artists and art-lovers alike, giving locals a chance to shake up their weekend routines and refine their cultural palates.