Help wanted: Your complete guide to sports internships

Ethan Goodman, Contributing Reporter

Calling all sports enthusiasts who need an internship! Due to COVID-19, internships and other jobs may seem hard to come by but there are still plenty of companies that need interns. This article will explore these opportunities in the hopes that one may suit your needs.       

New Orleans:

Sports 1 Marketing-Video Editing Intern (Tulane Remote Internship Program)

The Tulane Remote Internship Program is looking for undergraduates that are interested in working with David Meltzer and his company, Sports 1 Marketing. This internship is a great opportunity to work within the challenging world of sports and improve your communication skills at the same time. The internship itself is focused on video editing. However, those with other skill sets should not skip over this great experience. If you are interested in the internship, more information can be found in the link above.

Video Production Associate — Productions Pelicans

The New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints are looking for students who want the opportunity to work in various areas of video production within both organizations. The internship will have an emphasis on developing creative and entertaining video content, as well as working with sponsorship and digital media productions. If you are interested in digital media intertwining with sports, then this internship is perfect for you. If you’d like to look at the application, more information can be found in the link above.

Basketball Skills Development Trainer

The Rise Above Agency is seeking development trainers that are willing to work alongside players associated with the agency. Even though the agency is asking for professionals, they are willing to have interns help with the training of each player.

This internship is a great way to showcase your knowledge of the game of basketball and also work along highly skilled professional trainers. If you are interested in this internship, more information can be found at the link above. 

There is still time to get the internship of your dreams working with a variety of sports! (Ashley Chen)

Outside of New Orleans:

BVM Sports Writing Remote Internship (Remote/Brookfield, WI)

Best Version Media is seeking young, passionate journalists that are interested in becoming sports writing interns. BVM wants eager students that are willing to cover different sport outlets, from the local to national level. This internship is a great way to step into the sports world and learn from experienced writers. If you are interested in this internship, more information can be found at the link above.

Intern, Social and Digital Media for the New York Islanders (Remote/Floral Park, NY)

The New York Islanders hockey club is looking for interns that are ready to bring their creativity and strong work ethic to the workplace. This internship is a great way to learn all about the social media market and the world of sports. This internship is remote, though interns should expect potential travel for games and events. The amount of group collaboration and mentorship is hard to pass on in a setting like this. If you are interested in this internship, more information can be found within the link above.

Diversity and Inclusion Internship (Remote/Burbank, CA)

The Walt Disney Co.’s Direct to Consumer & International division is looking for interns that are willing to work alongside other DTCI employees and aid with their entertainment and sport resources. With this internship, you will be well immersed with Disney’s diversity work and contribute to valuable research programs that better advance the diversity of the company. If you are interested in this internship, more information can be found at the link above.

Of course, we think that the best way for you to start your future career in the sports world is to start writing for The Hullabaloo. Still, we hope this list has given you some inspiration for finding your next internship!