Outdoor dining spots to try this spring

Jillian Fontana, Contributing Writer

outdoor seating at a restaurant
Diners enjoy an outdoor patio at Barracuda. (Elana Bush)

During COVID-19, folks have had to adapt to a new way of dining and many restaurants have expanded accommodations for outdoor seating. Luckily for Tulane students, New Orleans has great weather year-round and lots of outdoor dining options. Here are Arcade’s picks for the best restaurants with great outdoor seating!

Barracuda

Located on Tchoupitoulas Street, Barracuda has some of the best tacos in New Orleans. Their “Margarita Garden” has plenty of seating with a cool and casual picnic vibe. Make your taco a deluxe for $1 extra and add grilled cheese, beans and guacamole. They boast several meat and non-meat options, making sure there’s something for everyone — Barracuda is a must-try for any Mexican food lover.

Tito’s Ceviche and Pisco

Tito’s is a favorite restaurant of many in New Orleans. Right on Magazine Street, their Peruvian cuisine does not disappoint, and the outdoor seating includes a wall of greenery and string lights at night. A fan favorite is their “Tallarines Verdes con Bistec” with creamy green sauce fettuccine and perfectly cooked steak. The ceviche is unbelievable and there are five different types!

Avo

Family-owned Sicilian restaurant Avo is one of the most delicious Italian spots in the city. Their ever-changing menu centered around the seasons and availability ensures you will have plenty of options every time you dine. Their beautiful courtyard seating transports you to a small Italian town with food as authentic as it gets.

Tableau

When thinking of classic New Orleans meals, Tableau always comes to mind. Tucked away in Jackson Square, Tableau has a decadent courtyard with a balcony overlooking the tables. The scenery brings you back in time to a vintage New Orleans and the same delicious dishes, including gumbo and shrimp and grits.

Shaya

One of the most popular and well-known spots in New Orleans, this modern take on Israeli cuisine keeps customers coming back. The beautiful courtyard is perfect for dinner and reminiscent of an oceanside Greek town. Their fresh pita and hummus and various small plates are great for sharing with friends!