Tulane ranks No. 44 in US News, first in “Happiest Students”

Martha Sanchez, News Editor

Tulane dropped two spots since last year’s U.S. News and World Report rankings and came in first for Princeton Review’s “Happiest Students.” (Rahima Olatinwo)

Tulane University was ranked No. 44 in the latest U.S. News and World Report college rankings for national universities, tied with Northeastern University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Case Western Reserve University and Brandeis University. 

The school dropped two spots since its 2021 ranking of No. 42 among national universities. This year, Tulane also earned the No. 30 spot among national private universities and the No. 34 spot among undergraduate business programs.  

U.S. News and World Report formulates the rankings based on 17 factors including graduation and retention rates, undergraduate academic reputation, faculty resources and financial resources per student. 

Tulane was ranked No. 1 for Happiest Students by the Princeton Review. The school also consistently ranks high in service learning categories. It was ranked No. 2 in service learning by U.S. News and No. 2 for students most engaged in community service by the Princeton Review

One of the university’s lowest ranks was for top performer in social mobility. In that category, Tulane ranked No. 432.