Weekend crime update: Nov. 18 to Nov. 20

Tess Riley, News Editor

These incidents were reported to Tulane University Police Department between Nov. 18 and Nov. 20.

Theft:

A student reported to TUPD that someone had used their credit card information to make fraudulent purchases online at 1:14 p.m. on Nov. 18.  

The student canceled the card and the student’s funds were replaced by the credit card company’s fraud department.

Criminal damage to property:

At 4:03 p.m. on Nov. 18, a professor reported to TUPD that their car was vandalized off campus.

TUPD officers searched for cameras in the area, witnesses and evidence, but were met with negative results.

Theft:

A non-affiliate reported to TUPD that her purse was stolen outside of Turchin Stadium at 3:25 on Nov. 18. 

The non-affiliate left her purse unattended outside the stadium. When she returned to retrieve it, it was gone.

TUPD will review camera footage surrounding the stadium and a report will follow.

Vehicle crash:

At 11:08 a.m. on Nov. 20, TUPD officers responded to a vehicle crash involving a Tulane shuttle bus.

The officer met with the driver of the vehicle who stated that when she tried to move out of the way for a fire truck, she struck a metal bollard in the Walmart parking lot. The driver and the owner of the property exchanged information.

No injuries were reported. New Orleans Police Department was notified and arrived at the scene.