2022 Climate Survey results to be unveiled April 11

Hannah Levitan, News Editor

gibson hall
Tulane announces data release date, April 11, for the 2022 Climate Survey results. (Gabe Darley)

A year after conducting the 2022 Sexual Misconduct Climate Survey, Tulane University will unveil survey results on April 11 at 6 p.m., the school announced today. 

Tulane’s last climate survey, conducted in 2017, revealed 41% of undergraduate women experienced sexual assault since their arrival on campus. Of the women identifying as LGBQ+, 51% reported sexual assault. The survey also found that 18% of undergraduate men have experienced assault in their time at Tulane. Broken down by sexual orientation, 44% of GBQ+ undergraduate men reported assault. 

The result release will kick off a week of events, including discussions with individuals who work on sexual violence prevention and response on campus and presentations on future sexual violence prevention plans. 

President Mike Fitts and Provost Robin Forman, alongside other campus leaders, will present the climate survey findings and share the All In 2.0 Strategic Plan to combat sexual violence. Hosted on Zoom, the webinar will also feature a moderated panel of campus administrators.

On April 12, campus leaders will host two in-person meet and greets to provide “brief overview of the climate survey findings and the All In 2.0 plan, followed [by] an open reception for informal conversation.”

To conclude the week, members of the Title IX Office and Student Affairs will speak on implementing campus-wide initiatives to prevent sexual violence in a “lunch and learn” on April 17-18. 

To attend the Data Release Webinar, register here: https://tulane.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_D9mRo50CTF-FaCBMZaOdDw.