Weekend crime report: Nov. 4 to Nov. 6

Tess Riley, News Editor [email protected]

Tulane University Police Department received reports of the following crimes from Nov. 4 to Nov. 6. 

Criminal damage to property:

At 12:23 p.m. on Nov. 5, Tulane University Police Department officers responded to an off-campus residence report of vehicle damage.

When officers arrived at the house, they observed severe damage to two vehicles located in the back yard parking area of the home.

The students notified New Orleans Police Department of the incident. There were no CCTV cameras in the area to help with the investigation.

Theft:

At 1:42 p.m. on Nov. 6, a student reported to TUPD that his laptop was stolen.

The student said that four unknown subjects, which he met at The Boot Bar and Grill, stole his laptop. He invited them back to his on-campus dorm room in Willow C and realized the next day that his laptop was gone.

There is no CCTV footage available to help identify the subjects and TUPD was unable to track the computer.

Theft:

At 1:59 p.m. on Nov. 6, a TUPD officer met with a student about fraudulent use of her credit card.

The student reported that she left her credit card at The Boot Bar and Grill. Since leaving it, someone had used the card to make fraudulent purchases.

The student also contacted NOPD.

Theft:

At 2:04 p.m. on Nov. 6, a student reported that her laptop was stolen.

The student said she left her bag, which contained her laptop, near the door of The Boot Bar and Grill while she was at the bar. The next day, she realized that her laptop was no longer in the bag.

The laptop has a tracking software installed, but the laptop’s power is turned off, making it impossible to track.

Residential burglary:

On Nov. 6 at 1:20 p.m., a student returned to their off-campus residence in the 1000 block of Lowerline and realized that several items were missing from inside their home. 

The student discovered an air conditioning unit had been tampered with, allowing access into the residence. 

According to a TUPD crime alert sent out on Monday, the investigation is ongoing.