• A shooting at The Republic NOLA in the Warehouse district left one dead and 11 injured.

Shooting at Republic NOLA leaves one dead, 11 injured

Tulane announces new chief of police

• Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

• Head coach Lisa Stockton led the Tulane womens basketball program for 30 years.

Tulane women’s basketball ushers in new era with coach Langford

• The UConn Huskies win the 2024 National Championship after a dominant tournament run

Uconn dominates NCAA tournament, earns “blue blood” status

• Green Wave baseball looks to climb up the standings in the American Conference

Green Wave baseball hopes to build off recent victory for conference improvement

• Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

• Tulanes Middle East and North African Studies introduces students to the rich history, layered politics, diverse cultures, linguistic, and religious traditions of the Middle East and North Africa, according to the Tulane website.

Open letter from staff accuses Tulane of anti-Palestinian bias

• Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

• Tulanes Green Wave Films assists with HBOs ‘The Welcome Table’

Tulane’s Green Wave Films assists with HBO’s ‘The Welcome Table’

• spring semester

Alumni, authors on COVID-19 failures and future pandemics

• Ian Faul is the incoming editor-in-chief of the Tulane Hullabaloo.

Ian Faul elected next Hullabaloo Editor-in-Chief

• Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

• ‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

• Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Green Wave to play Ole Miss in sold out Yulman

The Green Wave sideline celebrates a defensive stop to ice the game in November 2022. (Courtesy of Parker Waters — Tulane Athletics)

After an impressive 37-17 victory against University of South Alabama to open the season, Michael Pratt and the No. 24 Green Wave prepare for its toughest matchup of the season: a date with No. 20 Ole Miss Rebels. 

Anticipation for this matchup of ranked opponents has been building since the offseason, with the non-student tickets being sold out since the middle of August. This is the first time zero tickets are available on the primary market since the first game played in Yulman Stadium in 2014, when Tulane played the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. 

The hype for this game is rightfully earned. In week one, Tulane proved last year was not a fluke, and that Pratt is ready to take full control of an offense that mainly relied on the run game last season. Pratt finished week one going 14-15 for 294 yards and four touchdowns. Pratt limped off the field with a leg injury, but head coach Willie Fritz confirmed that Pratt is ready to go against Ole Miss. 

While Tulane’s passing offense got off to a strong start, it will need more help from its rushing attack if the team wants to upset the Rebels. Against USA, Tulane rotated between four different running backs, hoping that one would stand out and take the starting job. Out of the four, the main standout was Makhi Hughes, who led the team in rushing with 41 yards on eight carries. Expect Hughes to take a bigger role against Ole Miss, as the running back rotation thins out. 

Ole Miss’s week one performance went well, beating the Mercer University Bears by 66 points in a 73-7 win. Head coach Lane Kiffin’s Rebels are led by quarterback Jaxson Dart, who despite competing for his spot in the offseason, cemented himself as Ole Miss’s starting quarterback in week one with a 334-yard, four touchdown performance

The Rebels offense is full of dynamic playmakers such as sophomore running back Quinshon Judkins, who set the Ole Miss record for rushing yards his freshman year. The other player to watch is receiver Tre Harris, who had four touchdowns in his Ole Miss debut against Mercer. 

With Tulane starting linebacker Corey Platt Jr. already being ruled out, the Green Wave defense will have its hands full against a dynamic Rebel offense. 

The Green Wave has lost its last 12 games against Ole Miss, with its last matchup being a 61-21 loss two years ago. With an improved program and home field, Tulane is hoping to end its losing streak. The game will be played at 2:30 p.m., with doors opening at 1 p.m.