• A shooting at The Republic NOLA in the Warehouse district left one dead and 11 injured.

Shooting at Republic NOLA leaves one dead, 11 injured

Tulane announces new chief of police

• Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

Letter to the Editor | Support Tulane Workers United, help your professors

• Head coach Lisa Stockton led the Tulane womens basketball program for 30 years.

Tulane women’s basketball ushers in new era with coach Langford

• The UConn Huskies win the 2024 National Championship after a dominant tournament run

Uconn dominates NCAA tournament, earns “blue blood” status

• Green Wave baseball looks to climb up the standings in the American Conference

Green Wave baseball hopes to build off recent victory for conference improvement

• Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

Analyzing satire: Why Helldivers 2 succeeds where Warhammer 40k faltered

• Tulanes Middle East and North African Studies introduces students to the rich history, layered politics, diverse cultures, linguistic, and religious traditions of the Middle East and North Africa, according to the Tulane website.

Open letter from staff accuses Tulane of anti-Palestinian bias

• Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

Cowboy Carter explores past music tradition while creating its own

• Tulanes Green Wave Films assists with HBOs ‘The Welcome Table’

Tulane’s Green Wave Films assists with HBO’s ‘The Welcome Table’

• spring semester

Alumni, authors on COVID-19 failures and future pandemics

• Ian Faul is the incoming editor-in-chief of the Tulane Hullabaloo.

Ian Faul elected next Hullabaloo Editor-in-Chief

• Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

Crawfest 2024 prevails in face of crawfish shortage

• ‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

‘Deeper Well’: Kacey Musgraves explores self-fulfillment, musical evolution

• Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

Tulane’s URBANBuild students build ‘Tiny Homes,’ combatting homelessness

New Green Wave Films club empowers student filmmaking

“I hope as this club grows, we are able to expand the film presence at Tulane because the primary filmmaking major here is digital media practices,” Green Wave Films president Cameron Brown said. (Courtesy Rosemary Mulvey)

The new Green Wave Films club offers a space for film lovers to create art together while expanding the presence of filmmaking on Tulane University’s campus. 

Junior Noah Levine founded Green Wave Films in spring of 2023 to expose people to the film industry and provide an opportunity for film production.

“I want to make a place for people to be able to try out the industry and make something great and work with other like-minded people, regardless of their major,” Levine said.

Despite its recent establishment, Green Wave Films has grown immensely and now boasts 40 members. Sophomore Cameron Brown, president of Green Wave Films, hopes to expand the film program at Tulane.

“I hope as this club grows, we are able to expand the film presence at Tulane because the primary filmmaking major here is digital media practices,” Brown said. “This is a great way to see that grow. The club will encourage more people to indulge in filmmaking, and then they might realize that they want to do a major in it. The more people that do the major, the more funding they get.”

Junior Beto Benavides, head of production, expressed how the club has changed his perspective on film production as a career. Benavides came to Tulane as a business major with a passion for film. Initially, he intended to pursue a business career after graduating, but since joining Green Wave Films he has “fallen more in love” with making films.

“I saw these four years at Tulane as the time I can enjoy making movies before I have to let it go,” Benavides said. “Slowly, I’ve fallen more in love with it and more seeing that as a possible future because there is a big future in making movies and following that passion.”

Junior Olivia Maki, one of the production chairs, spoke on how Green Wave Films provides its members with a supportive and welcoming community.

“We’re always looking for ways for people to get involved,” Maki said. “It’s close-knit but welcoming, which I think is the best combination where people support each other and bring people in.”

Green Wave Films aims to help students collaborate with other people who are also passionate about film.

“Tulane is so business and pre-med dominated,” Brown said. “I wanted to create a space where I can make friends with people who want to be filmmakers like me, who love watching movies, who are obsessed with everything movies.”

Last semester, Green Wave Films produced two short films: “Chekhov’s Gun,” directed by Beto Benavides and “The Bench,” directed by Cameron Brown. The club plans to produce three films over the course of this semester and hopes to provide opportunities for people to explore the different aspects of film. 

If you are interested in joining Green Wave Films, direct message @gwftulane on Instagram or email at [email protected]. Meetings are on Mondays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.