The Boot hosts release party of new beer by Abita

Alexa Melnick, Contributing Reporter

The Boot Bar and Grill has made a name for itself on Tulane’s campus, but one thing it isn’t typically known for is fine, crafted beer. This will change with the launch of “The Boot,” Louisiana’s exclusive new beer by Abita Brewing Company. On Oct. 7, The Boot hosted a party to premiere Abita’s new beer, which featured live music by the band Will Vance & The Kinfolk.

Will Vance & The Kinfolk, a Louisiana-based rock group with a background in southern rock and folk, played some of its most popular songs, including “Cold Blooded,” “Mountain Man” and “Shake.” Will Vance & The Kinfolk was a fitting choice for Abita’s event due to its Louisiana roots and large local audience.

“The Boot” will only be sold in Abita’s home state, Louisiana, and was made specifically for Louisianans. The beer was created by Abita as a special thank you to the state and to show its gratitude for the residents. Abita has looked to Louisiana’s culture for inspiration over the past 30 years, which is why the company found it appropriate to dedicate a beer to them. 

This craft beer is brewed with white wheat, oats and barley and then is infused with Hallertau Blanc and fermented with German Kolsch yeast. 

“The Boot is easy-drinking, crisp and smooth, with an interesting flavor that will please any type of drinker and will be your perfect go-to beer,” Abita Brewmaster Mark Wilson said in an interview with KNOE 8 News.

The T-shirts and sunglasses given out were worn all over campus the following day, and the drink koozies will showcase state pride at tailgates for weeks to come.

The Abita launch party was done in typical Boot fashion providing a great time and music for the crowd of all ages.