No headline provided

No headline provided

Eight goals hang on Undergraduate Student Government President Evan Nicoll’s wall. These eight tasks pose daunting challenges: building a Tulane football stadium, implementing a recycling program, raising the student activities fee, improving student safety, improving communication between students and administration, administering a Reily Recreation Center feasibility study and creating of a bike rental program.

Seven of these eight items have been checked off.

“I came up with this list of things to do, and for the most part, we’ve got everything on this list,” Nicoll said.

Nicoll still thinks he can accomplish the eighth item, a bike rental program.

“I’ll see if I can get that in before I leave,” Nicoll said.

This go-getter attitude, combined with ambition and a love for Tulane and New Orleans, have helped Nicoll make changes on the Tulane campus that will leave a lasting impact after his graduation.

Nicoll, a business management major, began his USG career as a student athlete liason. Nicoll was a walk-on pole-vaulter for the Tulane track team.

“My role as student-athlete liaison is somewhat similar to what I am doing now,” Nicoll said. “I was kind of the vessel from student-athletes to the student body. Now, I’m kind of the vessel between the student body and the administration”

During his term, Nicoll created priority class registration for athletes.

As a past student-athlete, Nicoll found particular meaning in his goal to commission a new Tulane on-campus stadium.

“I didn’t foresee myself being able to give the stadium speech,” Nicoll said. “That was one of the best highlights. I will just always remember that. It was just so special to me to be able to be part of something so big.”

Nicoll will graduate this spring.

“I really can’t thank Tulane enough,” Nicoll said. “It’s been an incredible almost four years. From classes to professors to friends, Tulane has been everything I could have hoped for in a college.”

Nicoll plans to work at the university while earning his Master of Business Administration. He also may open a cookie and ice cream shop called The Big Freezy.

“I’d like to be really close to campus,” Nicoll said. “It’s difficult to find locations, but we’re trying.”

Nicoll wants to encourage Tulane students to enjoy the city.

“Get out of the Tulane bubble, explore food, music and all New Orleans has to offer.”